SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Thompson Zephyr - L
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thompson Zephyr - L Login/Join 
Picture of bonfire
posted
I just bought a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 with a threaded barrel. I would like to add a suppressor.

I looked at the Thompson Zephyr-L and watched a few videos on it. Has anyone had any experience with this suppressor?

I am new to the suppressor world and not sure what to look for besides I want the suppressor to work wet or dry, constant sound and easy to clean. Budget is about $250.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not heard of it.

I will take a look here in a few.

Years past i purchased an aac pilot. Non servicable. I can not stress enough that you pick up a servicable can. I would also recomend a look at a more well established maker. Silencer co, dead air, q, sig, AAC, rugged, griffen. Yes you will spend a couple of hundred bucks more, the gains i think will be well worth it.

I have been at the range a few times and seen off brand house brand 22lr cans have issues with POI shift, and keyholing with basic 22 40 grain ammo.

I have never seen name brand cans have keyholing issues. POI shift yes, but to a very minor degree.

I went with Dead Air Mask for a 22lr, and also picked up a Ghost m at half off. Both will handle 22lr, both are owner servicable.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information. Hard to research something and find a good product when there is so much to sift through. If I have to raise the budget to get something of good quality then that is what I have to do. Just have to save a little more.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dead air mask vs Thompson zepher -l
just a quick comparison

Dead air
quote:
MASKReviewsWrite a Review
What sets The Mask™ apart is its marvelous performance and the ease with which it can be disassembled. It provides balance of performance, weight, and extraordinary cleaning intervals that are unmatched by the competition.

This isn’t a “me too” compulsory foray into the .22 suppressor market. We wanted the best and we delivered. The performance speaks for itself. Our .22 suppressor features a blend of titanium and 17-4 PH stainless steel construction for direct thread applications.

MASK SPECS
Rating: .17 - .22LR, 5.7 x 28mm
Length: 5.1"
Weight: 6.6 oz.
Diameter: 1.070"
Min. Barrel Length: No restrictions
Finish: Cerakote body
MSRP: $449

https://deadairsilencers.com/products/mask/

silencer shop sale
https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-mask-22-hd.html

Thompson Zephyr-L
quote:
For those who desire an EXTREMELY light rimfire suppressor without sacrificing suppression or strength, the Zephyr-L is the answer. While it is of nearly identical design to our regular Zephyr, it utilizes an aluminum alloy tube (instead of steel alloy) to keep it absolutely feather-light. The Zephyr-L is equally at home on both rifle and pistol hosts, and delivers outstanding performance on any .22 host you choose to put it on. It’s threadless-tube design ensures strength and ease of disassembly, and its price is just as light on the wallet as the Zephyr-L is on the end of your gun.

CLICK HERE TO SEE A VIDEO OF THE ZEPHYR-L IN ACTION!

Specifications:

Caliber……………………….22lr

Overall Length……………….5.95”

Diameter…………………….1”

Weight……………………….3.2oz

Tube Material……………….Hard Anodized 6061 T6

Baffle Material………………Hard Anodized 6061 T6

Design………………………..Monocore, Take-apart Tool Included

Finish…………………………Matte Black Anodized

Attachment…………………..1/2-28 threads

Full Auto Rated………………Yes

MSRP…………………………$289

https://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=14

My take. 22lr is hard on baffles. Get something a bit stronger than aluminum. The ZypherL has aluminum baffles. Pretty much hand cleaning only. Versus the stainless of the Mask or Ghost -m (main baffle stack). Both of which could be put in media tumblers, ultrasonic machines etc.

This is my old aac pilot. you can see what happens with time if you don't clean it. Most 22lr are now serviceable. At the time i bought this from west coast armory in issaquah, they were not.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0105858/m/4790020744

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm with him. I'd pass on Aluminum.

If budget is main concern. Drop me a email. I'll point you to some reference material. I did my form 1 suppressor for about $180 and it's %100 titanium.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Yep, what they said. .22lr is extremely dirty. That means your can will be extremely dirty. Aluminum means hand cleaning only.

I would never buy an aluminum .22. Buy something that is SS and just drop it in an ultrasonic cleaner.

My tiRant 9 suppressors are fairly easy to clean, but I still went out and got an Octane 9 just to make cleaning easier...and 9mm isn’t nearly as dirty as .22

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post