SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Sig Mod-X9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Mod-X9 Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Just got an email on this.

https://www.sigsauer.com/modx-9.html

Looks super configurable.
I'm personally not too impressed by the cosmetics of it - but the concept isn't bad.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh. Dead Air already did something similar as the Odessa 9. I don’t think it’s a huge seller. A lot of people who have conventional 2 configuration cans usually usually leave it in one configuration 90% of the time. It seems less even likely they’ll mess around with 4 or 5 configurations.

It’s interesting, but there’s probably a good reason this never really caught on.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the Death Star.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Meh. Dead Air already did something similar as the Odessa 9. I don’t think it’s a huge seller. A lot of people who have conventional 2 configuration cans usually usually leave it in one configuration 90% of the time. It seems less even likely they’ll mess around with 4 or 5 configurations.

It’s interesting, but there’s probably a good reason this never really caught on.

Take a look at the Q Erector, which is more similar than the Odessa. Q is planning a 9mm version as well, which is likely to be very close to Sig's design.

I quite like the Erector I have, and the configurable setup is more than just "K or L" setup. You're able to remove fouled baffles, or damaged ones since they're using a fairly fragile material to achieve the insane light weight, and can quickly adapt the can to go from "max quiet" on a semi-auto pistol shooting supers to try and peel off as much sound as possible, to "max compact" on a bolt-action rifle shooting subs that only needs a chamber or two to truly deaden it - or anywhere in between to tune back pressure and sound performance as needed per load and application.

Granted, I keep it in a 2-baffle stack on my bolt gun with subs most often, but I leave those two baffles by themselves and stack the other 8 on it to put on a pistol when needed, and go with 4 on the rifle with a stronger load.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Any further info on this suppressor? I see them on Silencershop for $830, but not in stock. No telling how long til they'll be in stock.

I'm someone who's interested in type of configurable silencer, primarily for my MPX because I want to keep it as short as possible but with just enough baffles to take the edge off the report, rather than going for max suppression.

The Mod X9 weighs less than the Odessa and seems overall more compact. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the X9's full configurations are still lighter or as light as the K configurations of something like the Obsidian 9 or the Omega 9k.

I also don't really have any interest in a Q Erector 9mm, if that ever happens because, well, reasons.

I'll keep my eye on this, since it seems to meet my needs. The Omega 9k is the other one in the running, but that more because of the ability to shoot 300 BLK and still maintain the compactness of the upper vs. my SRD762.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
I hope that SIG does not hold production on these for 6 months plus. Would like to put this on my mpx too.

Anyone have any updates?

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem with SIG suppressors is lack of imagination for mounts. For example, they will not support a tri-lug with any of the SRD suppressors.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
ok, I have a serial assigned...now the wait.

I guess I was not that far off from my "6 months" comment.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
My LGS had one in the case last weekend. It looked interesting

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post