SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    New can question. 9mm for a PCC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New can question. 9mm for a PCC Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So I am not really wanting a 9mm pistol can. But am thinking of one for PCC use. Be a plus if it could be used on a pistol. but not mandatory. I would like to be sub $500. Sub $450 would be better. Any options?

Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had no idea that such an item actually existed. So I went to the silencer shop web site and looked at all the 9mm cans. And from what I an see it doesn't for a purchase by a reasonable person for the purposes discussed. Good luck.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Yep, YHM R9 Fits the bill better than perfectly.

posted Hide Post
quote:
YHM R9

Your math is similar to my local crack dealer (oops FFL).
its only $400... plus 150 for the booster plus $200 for the tax stamp plus maybe $25 for the trust plus where i live sales tax. But in any case it seems like a nice can for the price I missed it in my quick look. But my personal experience is that I don't like short cans on a PCC (I never run my wolfman or rugged obsidian short on a PCC) and I don't like 9mm cans that you can't disassemble. But that's just me.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My son likes his Omega 9K on his CMMG Banshee. It’s set up for 3 lug.

I’m thinking of getting the R9 since my crack dealer will sell it to me at his cost.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8007 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Jon, the tax stamp is a given so that does not count in the cost of the unit itself. Unless I am mistaken you do not need a booster if shooting on a PCC. Only if you want to use on a pistol. Which is not something I will probably do. So not a factor either.
Another plus is you can use on a rifle up to .308 win mag.

Do you own a Yhm can? I do and they are rock solid.

posted Hide Post
Nope don't own one. No particular issues with them as a mfg. as I own lots of their other stuff.
Notwithstanding the price this isn't a can I'd own. But what works for you works for you. You can enjoy it in 170..180..190..200 days or whatever efile expands to.

posted Hide Post
A number of silencerCo Octane 9 2.0 cans were given out as part of the BOGO offer last year. These are being delivered by SilencerCo and I bet you could shake one loose for cheap. I'd post a WTB add on several boards.

Posts: 132 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Jon, the tax stamp is a given so that does not count in the cost of the unit itself. Unless I am mistaken you do not need a booster if shooting on a PCC. Only if you want to use on a pistol. Which is not something I will probably do. So not a factor either.

Maybe...Maybe not, but on a PCC you'll probably need/want a 3-Lug Adapter... Wink

IN STOCK at Silencer Shop @ $115.00 --> https://www.silencershop.com/a...-mount-assembly.html

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8861 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With few exceptions (e.g. LWRC SMG-45), PCCs are fixed barrel and don’t use a booster piston. You can still use the piston, but you need to replace the spring with a fixed barrel spacer (FBS) to keep it from moving. Otherwise, use direct thread, or 3-lug (which also requires corresponding 3-lug mounts on the end of the barrel).

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, when I talked to YHM, he made it sound like everything I need to use on my AR 9mm carbine would be in the box.

posted Hide Post
seems right.
According to the spec's what's in the box is a user manual and the suppressor. So direct thread is what's included. and on an AR9 as Dwill104 says you don't need a booster.