SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Has anyone dealt with Capitol Armory?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone dealt with Capitol Armory? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Silencer outfit out of Texas and, presumably, major rival to Silencer Shop?

Specifically, anyone outside of TX who has dealt with their "we've got an FFL in your state, so we can just send the silencer to you after approval" thing.

Experiences?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I have bought several suppressor-related items but my suppressors came from SilencerCo

They (CA) have good prices, lots of things in stock that others dont and fast shipping.

Would def consider buying from them again, including a suppressor.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caribouhunter
posted Hide Post
No experience with the “send to your home” suppressor. However, have bought many items from them and have never had an problem. They have been prompt, have called me when encountered an issue with an order to gets things resolved prior to shipping. Overall, great people to buy from.

Posts: 420 | Location: White Lake TWP. - Michigan | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
No problem with suppressors bought online. . Paperwork for transfer to my FFL in state was done in less than 1 week (Form3).
No experience with "new" in state.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I bit and purchased a Nomad-Ti. Guys are very helpful on the phone and process was smooth so far.

One big caveat, though, that isn't clear from the outside: you can only utilize this service if you have a trust. I always file as an individual, and didn't realize this til the end of the transaction, so now I've gotta spend the time/money on a trust, which I hadn't planned on.

Not a huge deal, but I didn't see that mentioned in an obvious place when I was first looking.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
OK, I bit and purchased a Nomad-Ti. Guys are very helpful on the phone and process was smooth so far.

One big caveat, though, that isn't clear from the outside: you can only utilize this service if you have a trust. I always file as an individual, and didn't realize this til the end of the transaction, so now I've gotta spend the time/money on a trust, which I hadn't planned on.

Not a huge deal, but I didn't see that mentioned in an obvious place when I was first looking.

That’s because with eForm 4s, you have to certify in-person at the dealer. With a trust, you can do it remotely.

I was wondering how they dealing with that, because they don’t mention it, as you noticed.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, didn't occur to me either, since the other eForm I have going now as an individual is at a local dealer.