SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Aero Precision suppressors Update 12-13-22 pictures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aero Precision suppressors Update 12-13-22 pictures Login/Join 
Picture of policetruck
posted
Hey guys, not sure if everyone knows, Aero Precision is releasing a small line of .30 caliber cans called the Lahar-30. I've got a few coming in soon and can take some pictures. They seem pretty reasonably priced but it'll be nice when I can actually see them.

Update:

Standard length and “L” model

With a Silencer Co ASR mount

With Dead Air Xeno mount

What comes in the box

Sorry for the bad indoor pictures, I get home too late to get some sunlight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: policetruck,

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always been tricked into thinking that suppressor design is some kind of black art.
and mere mortals don't understand.
So is it really possible some new supplier gets it right on the balance of size, suppression, attachment, etc.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I think it's easier for a new player in that market to get a good product out the first time. I built a form 1 can from billet to final product in 2014. There was a wealth of information and experience out at that time for the layman. I can only assume a manufacturing company that has some sort of R&D and engineers, could very easily roll out an affordable and effective silencer the first try.

Just like any firearm, they will never be perfect at everything, but I think this will be a good entry level rifle suppressor. It's looking like it may be like some of the YHM cans but updated with some better features.

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Also, the fact that some Suppressor designers are using a somewhat universal thread pitch at the rear, which allows for more mainstream muzzle systems, really helps the new guys on the block.

Who wants to be stuck with a direct thread pitch, or be stuck with a gigantic R&D cost trying to design a new suppressor mount, when you can just include a removable direct thread mount, and allow for the use of a Keymo adapter, Silencerco ASR, etc.

I know Daniel Defense’s newest line of suppressors are being shipped this way, and would expect Aero to do something similar.

Already invested in Keymo, ASR, YHM muzzle device, and don’t want to invest in another ecosystem? Great. Just swap out the direct thread module for the adapter of your choice.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
That is how Aero is doing it also. I believe it’s 1 3/8 x 24. TPI.

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

posted Hide Post
The web page mentions the Aero Precision Mantle Quick Detach system, so it sounds like they are developing their own mounts too.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Yes, although not available yet. I see some teaser pictures, kind of looks like the Surefire mount. I could be way off though.

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Well I saw B&T put out a .30 cal suppressor that accepts surefire mounts, so maybe surefire released the tdp on the mounts to relieve some pressure in the civilian market. Same could be true for Aero. Curious

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The B&T is interesting as it mounts to the Surefire mount and the traditional Rotex mount.
any competent mfg. doesn't need a tdp for a product they can easily see and measure. I'm unsure if there are IP issues that needed to be solved, but I would guess not, just a marketing decision.
Not having seen the B&T in real life I wonder if the locking mechanism has the same mechanism as the surefire one.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Interesting name! If you haven't spent time in the Puget Sound region, there's the question of whether Mt. Rainier will blow in our lifetime. If it does, they believe that everything in the Lakewood and Tacoma area will be buried in a flow of superheated mud many dozens of feet deep. You can't outrun it, your only hope is to try to get to high ground. Where I worked in downtown Tacoma, the escape plan in this event was to run straight West up South 21st Street to Hilltop, uphill at about a forty five degree grade for about a mile. Basically, forget it.

That flow is called the Lahar, and Aero Precision was right next door to us in Tacoma. They are in the process of moving to their new facility in Lakewood. There is little chance they'd survive the Lahar where they're relocating. I briefly accepted a job with them, but the commute sank that. Really good people, and I wish that had worked out. I'm glad to see they're bringing a suppressor to market - that game needs more players.

Now ya'll get to know the inside joke on the name. Smile

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
P220 Smudge, that's pretty cool thanks!

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Bump

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare