SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Silencerco Maxim 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Silencerco Maxim 50 Login/Join 
Captain Obvious
posted
I saw this today and find it interesting. It is even legal in CA.

https://silencerco.com/maxim50...68&mc_eid=c362f1f673

Claims "greatly reduced recoil and a 2/3 reduction of smoke emissions when compared to non-moderated muzzleloaders" I wonder what would the cleaning be like for the suppressor.

I almost want to muzzle load hunt now.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I LOVE it!!! It's just a big F-U to the ATF and Cali and any other state that doesn't allow silencers. I would buy one if I had the cash just to help support SiCo. I love that company...

I'm still laughing.. you should go read the ATF decision letter on their website.

I don't care how practical it is, they win!

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1186 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
This is full of win!! I saw it and had to read it over several time on how they got around the NFA. Fantastic!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is way cool.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sphill:
It is even legal in CA.

Only because CA hasn't heard about it yet.

Sig Sauer SP2022 .40 S&W Two Tone
Sig Sauer P224 No Longer Nickel 9mm
Sig Sauer P290RS 9mm Two Tone
Sig Sauer 1911 RCS
Sig Sauer P220 SAS Special Configuration
Sig Sauer M400 223/556
Sig Sauer P230SL .380
Sig Sauer P239 SAS Gen1 9mm
Sig Sauer P6 9mm

Posts: 38 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elwood51:
quote:
It is even legal in CA.

In a discussion elsewhere people from NJ and CA are pulling out their law degrees from Internet-University and saying this is illegal.

You think SiCo would have done a photo shoot in front of the Golden Gate and Hollywood Sign if they didn't do more than a 10 minute check into California law?

It's 50-state legal. Rejoice. Buy one. Show your congress critters the HPA has a positive effect on hunting and sportsmen by putting one of these in every photo of a hunter or target shooter with a GIANT smile on their face.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Wow! I was discussing a suppressed ML back around 2012 and a lot of folks said it could never be done. Well, they were all wrong! Ohio gun season for the win.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3625 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
So many people have been buying them that it's crashing SiCo's website. I'd like one, but I still haven't used my Thompson Pro Hunter yet and I purchased it four years ago. I've been fortunate enough to tag out early.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by Elwood51:
quote:
It is even legal in CA.

In a discussion elsewhere people from NJ and CA are pulling out their law degrees from Internet-University and saying this is illegal.

You think SiCo would have done a photo shoot in front of the Golden Gate and Hollywood Sign if they didn't do more than a 10 minute check into California law?

It's 50-state legal. Rejoice. Buy one. Show your congress critters the HPA has a positive effect on hunting and sportsmen by putting one of these in every photo of a hunter or target shooter with a GIANT smile on their face.

Aaaaaaaaand. It turns out it's not cali, NJ, And Mass legal after all.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/...e-company-plans/amp/

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I had been considering a muzzleloader for a while and this got me.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Got my shipping notice last night. Excited to support this sort of thing, and to get into BP.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Delivered to the front door a couple days ago. Have exactly one round through it Big Grin Need to laser boresight it and get a cheek riser. The case they include is very nice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
So what's the trick to loading it? A long funnel?

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
So what's the trick to loading it? A long funnel?

Really just one extra piece that goes through the suppressor portion. Heres a link to Silencerco's video on loading it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIyi8ua4mGk

Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
you can't use pyrodex pellets?

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
also, i just watched the cleaning video. they don't go into detail on the barrel and "moderator"

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post