SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Can an individual transferor use efile form 4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can an individual transferor use efile form 4 Login/Join 
posted
I sign up for efile to do a form 1 about 6 months ago. Got a notice to re register. Want to purchase a local silencer. Got the seller registered but he cannot input any information in the form.

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No,the seller must have a FFL/SOT to use efile for a form 4 transfer.

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that situation was not expected or useful with all the joyful noise that surrounded the roll out of the Efile forms. So i am stuck with a paper transfer with seller being 84 and in poor health and me being 72.

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would certainly ask a SOT if he can facilitate the transfer and use efile. But of course nobody really knows how fast efiles are going to take.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I would certainly ask a SOT if he can facilitate the transfer and use efile. But of course nobody really knows how fast efiles are going to take.

The gun would have to be transferred to the SOT and in his inventory before it can be transferred from him to you. The SOT can’t just fill out the paperwork for a transfer from the other guy direct to you.

As far as knowing how long eFile actually takes, some people have already gotten approved eForm 4s back, a few in less than 60 days, but most seem closer to 80-90 days (late Dec to mid-Jan submissions). I’m on Day 81, so hopefully soon.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interested in this process as well. I've been entertaining the idea of selling a suppressor while a coworker wants to transfer a destructive device. While we both work at a gun shop, we'd both rather do individual to individual transfers and eforms has been less than helpful.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post