SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    The Suppressed AUG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Suppressed AUG Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
After 12 months, 2 weeks, the stamp arrived!

Steyr AUG A3/M1 with a Dead Air Nomad Ti on a Xeno mount. Can't wait to try it out.

I just ordered a Cole-Tac HTP suppressor cover in all black.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That’s sexy as hell. Smile

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Right?? Hard to beat the lines of an AUG.

Just makes you want to shoot an alien in the face.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I'm picking-up an AUG on Friday and looking forward to it.

A few questions: Are you running a suppressor gas plug? What brass deflector are you using? Have you done any trigger mods?

An alien would be proud to get shot in the face by such an instrument!

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I do have the suppressor gas plug.

I upgraded:

- ARID metal trigger and safety (very nice feel)
- Ratworx sear (BIG difference)
- Corvus Defensio case deflector
- Corvus Defensio anti-rotation rear sling pin
- Manticore Arms switchback charging handle
- Gear Head Works FLEx Sling Swivel (LOVE it)
- grips wrapped in GOON tape

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flesheatingvirus,

posted Hide Post
That's nicely kitted! Biggest thing for me, once I get my hands on it, is deciding on an optic. I'm definitely considering the Ratworx sear, but I'll wait until after I have a few hundred rounds through it. Probably the first farkle to be added is the Corvus case deflector. (But DAMN! Their stuff must be made by magic dwarves in some cave in the Black Forest, judging by their prices.)

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Just took it out for the first time. I needed to really tighten up the Xeno to keep it from loosening up. I put a bit of moly grease on the threads, used a 1 1/8” socket in the Xeno and a strap wrench on the can. No more issues.

It shot great! With the gas system turned off it is plenty hearing safe. With the plug in suppressed mode, I still wore muffs. No malfunctions. It takes some of the snappiness out of the shirt stroke piston setup. Not a single smear of copper on the muzzle cap, so alignment is very good.

posted Hide Post
I don't fully get that comment. The xeno you installed without any thread locker? (rockset or locktite?) and then you lubed the Xeno to barrel threads, tightened it and then it was all OK?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
The part of the Xeno that threads into the ass end of the can was the portion that was loosening. I didn’t have any issues with the muzzle attachment. A video on this from Dead Air states that you can basically torque the crap out of this portion with a socket and strap wrench. They were right. The two spanner wrenches they give you just wouldn’t do it. The threads also had a bit of what appeared to be moly lube in them from the factory; I added a hair more.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nicely setup. Love my AUG.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The suppressor gas plug made all the difference in the world on mine. Now,,,it is flawless. I echo how quiet it is when the gas is turned off. Enjoy,,,,Augs are a blast.

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post