SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    AAC Ranger 7 51T Info needed. Please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AAC Ranger 7 51T Info needed. Please. Login/Join 
posted
Afternoon, I recently purchased an AAC Ranger 7 can that I want to add quick mount capability along with the option to use it on a 556 LMT piston gun as well as the .308 I bought it for.
What is actually needs to do so? I see there is a 51T Stamp adapter. Is that what I need along with the appropriate flash hider/comp? In the appropriate size for caliber?
As always, thank you in advance!

Posts: 405 | Location: St.Louis, MO | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
You are correct, in order to use your suppressor you need a mount interface, and muzzle device. If you want to stay with the AAC brand and use the 51-tooth adapter, the STAMP would adapt your suppressor to the 51T pattern, and a 51T muzzle device of the correct thread size is needed to attach to the gun.

But the Ranger7 uses a 1.375x24 thread pattern for the mount interface. You can use a very wide array of options as that is a very common thread size for adapters. You can get a direct thread adapter that forgoes an additional muzzle device for less weight and complexity, or you can use another brand of mount interface and compatible muzzle devices.

The STAMP 51T system is somewhat heavy, and adds to the already considerable weight of the suppressor.

Here is a decent writeup with photos from FirearmBlog that you might find useful
https://www.thefirearmblog.com...-7-rifle-suppressor/

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, do you have any suggestions for a different mounting interface you prefer?

Posts: 405 | Location: St.Louis, MO | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Go over to Ecco Machine website and read his FAQ on suppressor mounts. He explains all the different mounts and conversions.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post