SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Sig SRD 762 QD Adapters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig SRD 762 QD Adapters Login/Join 
posted
HI Everyone

I noticed on sig's website that they have 2 types of adapters for the 762SRD QD, the taper lok and non taperlok design. From what I can see the taper lok is the new design.

Has anyone had any issues with either one? Pros and cons of each? New to suppressors and trying to get the right one for my setup. Looking for both 556 and 300 blkout.

Thanks

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The taper lok is for Sig Barrels as they have a taper.
I have used one taper on a standard 300blk barrel from PSA 416R, and it didnt quite seat on the barrel. Basically, the threaded adapter was too far down, and when the brake/3 prong flash hider was screwed on with copper gasket, I wasnt able to tighten it per instructions..
So, I put a thin washer on end of barrel to bring it out, and used Roxcet on it. No issues with the 762 QD, well over 500 rounds.
On the Taper one on the Sig 516 it sets fine.
I switched all 3 of my rifles to 3 prong flash suppressor with the QD mount.

Sig 516 x 2, P226

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Thanks so much. Just waiting for the can to come out of jail and excited to try it.

Thanks

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
There QD suppressors are super quiet which is awesome, but they SUCK to remove especially after an extended range session. The carbon pretty much locks it in place even with the wrench from sig I took it off last time with a impact wrench.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brendts:
HI Everyone

I noticed on sig's website that they have 2 types of adapters for the 762SRD QD, the taper lok and non taperlok design. From what I can see the taper lok is the new design.

Has anyone had any issues with either one? Pros and cons of each? New to suppressors and trying to get the right one for my setup. Looking for both 556 and 300 blkout.

Thanks

Where are you seeing non-taperlok adaptors on their site? I’ve looked at the site lots of times and can barely find the regular ones?

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post