Notify
Tools

SMG + Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted

SWD M11-9 - MAX-11 built by Richard Lage - Gemtech MK9 - Mepro M21 - Robar NP3

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Impressive! MAC 11 2.0 improved version??

I see a MAC 11 with a hint of UZI and MP5 upgrades? Is it open bolt full auto??

HK firearms Collector

Posts: 514 | Location: The Golden State | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Yes, open heavy bolt full auto.
Winchester White Box MAX-11 heavy bolt 115 grain ROF = 609 rpm
Winchester White Box stock M11/9 115 grain ROF = 1484 rpm

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Yes, open heavy bolt full auto.
Winchester White Box MAX-11 heavy bolt 115 grain ROF = 609 rpm
Winchester White Box stock M11/9 115 grain ROF = 1484 rpm

WOW So a heavier bolt cuts down the Rate Of Fire in half to a more controllable rate.

Back in the days I remember adding additional buffers to a full-size UZI to increase ROF?

Is that a GemTech MK9 can?

HK firearms Collector

Posts: 514 | Location: The Golden State | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That is sharp. I love the blend of retro and modern.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I like what you've done, nice upgrades!

This makes me think that I should pull mine out of the safe and make some changes. I wish mine had the folding stock.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kimberkid - I purchased several items from this company, one being a folding stock for my Cobray M11 SMG and I have been very very happy with this stock. Here is a link. I will get a couple of pictures posted here tomorrow when I get back home of my SMG. Hope this helps. Mark

https://www.usmachinegun.com/p....php?prod=M11SMG-FSA

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kimber - Here are a few photos. Let me know if you would like to see this folding stock at any other angle. This bolted directly onto my Cobray in the existing stock attachment holes with no modifications. You pull the stock upward about 1/4” to get it to unlock from its folded locked position or opened locked position. Very robust stock, folding mechanism, and attachment to the SMG. Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures … now the decision is made!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Anybody with a M11/9 should search diligently for a tungsten “k” bolt. I can’t remember the company name now but it’s a heavy bolt that you replace the bolt with and it also slows the rate of fire down to very useable levels but without having to replace the upper.

I love Mac threads as I have a M10/45, a M11/9 and the diminutive M11A1 in .380.

Whatever caliber you choose a Mac is “a fist full of fuck yeah!!

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post