SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Questions about anyone who applied for an SBR under the brace exception
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions about anyone who applied for an SBR under the brace exception Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted
I did two and got one back, but no "tax stamp" which makes since since I didn't actually pay a stamp. Did anyone else do this and get a stamp? And I'd like to keep/do keep, stamps with my suppressors/hosts. Do you think just keeping the "approved" eForm works for this purpose?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You didn’t pay for a stamp, so you don’t get a stamp. Your only get an approved form, not a stamp.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
So Just keep that "approved" Form 1 with the gun.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, but I don't get the idea of "keep stamps" as it means nothing if its not actually on a F1. So these are truly no different. keep a copy of the approved F1 and you are as good as you can be.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I have a form1 submitted for an SBR and haven’t heard anything yet….was wondering how long your wait time was before you got it back approved? I know it’s luck of the draw but was curious

Posts: 3120 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A stamp indicates a tax paid transfer. No tax, no stamp. No stamp, no big deal. As stated, the approved form is what matters. Your FFL/SOT does not have stamps for inventory guns.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
I have a form1 submitted for an SBR and haven’t heard anything yet….was wondering how long your wait time was before you got it back approved? I know it’s luck of the draw but was curious

Early February to Late April.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
yes, but I don't get the idea of "keep stamps" as it means nothing if its not actually on a F1. So these are truly no different. keep a copy of the approved F1 and you are as good as you can be.

Understood, but it's my first (and second I guess) Form 1. The other stamps were for purchased suppressors. Thanks for the confirmation. I was pretty sure but thought it didn't hurt to ask.

posted Hide Post
The no stamp thing weirded me out the first one I got back but it makes sense.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post