SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTB die set 6.5 x 53R Dutch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB die set 6.5 x 53R Dutch Login/Join 
posted
Need set of dies, or at least a case forming die.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would try Titan Reloading for the dies and Powder Valley for the brass.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buffalo also makes dies, but they are out of stock and over $100 for a two die set. You could take a 6.5 MS die and make 6.5 Dutch rimmed out of 30-40 Krag or 303 Brit brass. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have reloaded for this caliber. I used standard 6.5 MS Dies . 303 shell holder Using Remington.303 cases and a .308 sizing die for initial forming trim to length .then size in MS dies fire form the cases. I anealed the cases before fire forming. PM sent

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a set of 6.5 x 54 M-S dies from amazon, long enough ago that I can't send them back. They reduced the brass just above the rim to near the point of failure, never touched the shoulder. The bolt won't come close to closing. I hadn't thought of sizing in 308 dies, but will give that a try. Thanks guys.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post