SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    WTS: P-Shim for Classic P-Series Sig w/decock lever.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: P-Shim for Classic P-Series Sig w/decock lever. Login/Join 
Picture of bumper
posted
P-Shims are $7 each (free shipping) to USA, additional P-Shims, on same order, are $6.50 each.

SALE! Buy 3, get 1 free!

Please PM me to order.

P-Shims fit Sig P-2XX pistols and fit between the decocking lever and frame to smooth function and prevent scratching. https://youtu.be/RTS-zQH6Kl0 for instructions, (should also come up if you search "P Shim Installation").

Most Sigs will take the .008" thick P-Shim, a few tighter guns may require the thinner .005" P-Shim. Order the thickest shim that will fit. You can check fit with a feeler gauge by slipping it under the decock lever from the front towards the rear of grip. It should slip in smoothly until it hits the decock pivot bearing. If you don't have a feeler gauge handy, you can make a "close enough" .008" gauge by folding heavy duty aluminum foil 3 times to arrive at 8 layers, smoothing folds down with a spoon. If you order an .008" and it doesn't fit, you can exchange it for the price of a return postage stamp - shipping on replacement is still free and your satisfaction is guaranteed.

Note: An installation tip from a customer, not in the video linked above, insert an empty magazine before removing the decocker spring, this will hold the decocker bearing shaft in place so you don't have to hold your finger against it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bumper,

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tactical 1
posted Hide Post
The shims make a significant improvement to the smoothness of the decocking lever - bumper is the real deal and a true gentleman to deal with!

Posts: 147 | Location: SC | Registered: October 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending you an email now. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nontypical,

Posts: 150 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending email!

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
email

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
email

Went in the mail today, though it won't get picked up until tomorrow. Happy New Year (well, I guess it can't get a heck of a lot worse, huh?) to all!

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Do these work on the P239?
IIRC, most 'Classic' P-series parts are a no-go on the 239.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Do these work on the P239?
IIRC, most 'Classic' P-series parts are a no-go on the 239.

Yes Sir, the P-Shim works on the P239! I have them on both mine, 9 & 40/357.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
P-Shims are great and bumper is an outstanding guy.

The .008" shims work best for Sig factory and E-2 grips. Have them on P220s P226s and a P227.

The .005" shims work best for Sigs with aluminum grips. Either side or European mag release.

(Don't have any G10 Sigs, maybe someone can chime in to make the decision easier for one who has G10s.)

Great product that works as designed.

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Got mine in the mail yesterday. Thanks and glad you are doing well.

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:

Just wired you the money for the additional shims

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just wired you the money for the additional shims

Thank you for the repeat order, Sunday, so in the mail first thing tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
I just received mine in the mail today. Wow. What a difference. It tightens it right up and it’s smooth as silk. Thank you bumper.

Posts: 150 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSIGPACK
posted Hide Post
Bumper just received my shims
Today once again Ty!!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Orlando,FL. | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine. P-Shims are awesome. Thanks Bumper!

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sending you an email. I'd like to buy one from you. Smile

Posts: 17044 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my P-Shims today and had a few minutes to spare, so I installed one. Very impressed! Really smoothes out the de-cocker motion.

Thanks, Bumper. Great dealing with you!

Posts: 12 | Registered: December 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Bump. Electric/hydraulic press with C-Frame punch used to make the P-Shim.

posted Hide Post
Bump for bumper. Guys, get yourself some P-Shims.

posted Hide Post
received the p-shims

thanks

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post