SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    If your item for sale is listed on another board and you are not a dealer, do not post your item here
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If your item for sale is listed on another board and you are not a dealer, do not post your item here Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's hilarious that people are coming into this thread and saying "Gosh, this means I won't be selling my stuff here."

OK, That's what it means, then. I'm good with that and so is everyone else here. We really don't need to hear what you won't be doing. It's not going to change anything, so why tell us?

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Validation????

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alansv
posted Hide Post
Just sounds like the site is favoring dealers over it's own. I would like to see a section where we post items up for auction on ebay or Gunbroker.

Alan Vaughan
"Fat Jesus"

Kimber Utra Raptor .45
Kimber Micro Crimson Trace .380
Kimber K6 .357 mag
Sigarms P230 .380
Kimber Micro Rapter 9mm

Georgia Carry.Org member

Favorite quote: "Come here handsome. Whoa! Slide on back Fat Jesus!

"It's all about the orange..."

Posts: 532 | Location: Ellenwood, GA /Henry County | Registered: June 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
This doesn't "favor dealers."

What it does, is stop people from selling something here, but then not delivering the goods because it sold for more through another ad somewhere else. Or more commonly, someone says "I'll take it" here, but the seller honors an "I'll take it" from somewhere else.

If you're an individual selling an item, you'll have to put up with the rules set out in this area, because they are meant to reduce the instance of bad transactions.

This rule benefits the _buyers_. They know an item listed here actually exists, and will be sold to them.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Crap. I'm not sure how I missed this. I guess I haven't sold anything in awhile and don't come in the classifieds section a whole lot anymore. Posted something for sale yesterday and noticed my thread was missing. While looking for it, I see this thread, listed in BOLD!! Doh! Sorry about that.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Thanks for stickying this. I was just about to list something here which I'm also listing locally.....

I'll give it a few days, and then delist it from elsewhere and post here if I don't get any action.

I almost violated this....so seriously, thanks. I agree completely with the sentiment you created this rule with, and will happily abide by the rule.

My approval seems so trivial, yet, I figure it can't hurt to hear that members appreciate common sense rules like this. Because, I do. Thanks guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great policy....while we are at it, lets ban the folks with too much time on their hands who like to contact sellers, ask a bunch of questions, request photos, and after having a seller jump through hoops move on to the next ad and do the same thing.

Posts: 52 | Registered: October 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a time limit on this rule? What if nobody seems interested in the other post and it's been a few weeks?

Posts: 6 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mozambique:
lets ban the folks with too much time on their hands who like to contact sellers, ask a bunch of questions, request photos, and after having a seller jump through hoops move on to the next ad and do the same thing.

Totally unfair blanket statement. I'll give example why.
Seller posts a WTS ad, with no pics, and little info, and terms of sale are not spelled out. What do you think potential buyers will do? Just blindly shell out their money?

Even when there are pics, they are not enough, because the buyers want some specific views. For example, many buyers want to see frame rails and barrel smilies, when buying a SIG pistol, so, they asked for them, because seller did not show them initially.

When I sell my suff, terms are spelled out in details, and I take many pics from many views, and post them in the ad. This way, the chance of being bombarded with questions from potential buyers is slim to none.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigcube:
Is there a time limit on this rule? What if nobody seems interested in the other post and it's been a few weeks?

No time limit that I've seen. Just withdraw the sale and move your stuff elsewhere. I see folks do it all the time.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
My ad was deleted this morning but I am a dealer just starting out and I don't keep much on hand. I can re-stock as needed and I have a legit business and dealer account with 2 suppliers and looking to pick up a third for M14 items. If I run out of the items I'm selling, I can re stock and honor any deal a buyer agrees to.

I am respectfully requesting to be allowed to re-list my items as per dealer rules.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parabellum, you should amend this to include online auction sights. It only mentions forums, which I held to. I also was surprised at how rapid you deleted my thread, but did not reply to my email asking for permission prior to my auction listing.

Posts: 55 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: August 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this rule and deleted my post.

Sorry to anyone that may have been interested. G'luck, guys!

----------------------------
There's always been groups of people that couldn't really see eye to eye. I always thought if they got a chance to sit down and talk face to face, they'd realize that they have a lot in common.

Posts: 121 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 13F48L7:
Parabellum, you should amend this to include online auction sights. It only mentions forums, which I held to. I also was surprised at how rapid you deleted my thread, but did not reply to my email asking for permission prior to my auction listing.

I think that is common sense... If you are selling your shit on sigforum, don't sell it anywhere else... don't put it in the newspaper, don't put it on Ebay, this is really the only place I sell gun stuff anymore, always end up dealing with stand up people and have yet to get burned.. I have no hesitation sending funds via paypal gift to 99% of the forum members, which I would NEVER do anywhere else..

Honestly I'm surprised Para left this open rather than locking it. It's the rule, follow it or sell your stuff somewhere else. The classifieds are something we get as a bonus, we aren't owed anything.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cmr076,

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
What about highway billboards or sky writing? The policy does not specifically address whether it is OK to list my crap on SigForum while simultaneously having it displayed on a 14' by 48' billboard along Interstate 95.

Since Para didn't mention it, I should be good to go. Right?

Roll Eyes

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
... If you wish to post it here, it needs to be an exclusive listing. ...

clue

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
parabellum,

I was curious to know if I can post a WTB/Trade ad even though I have it posted in two other forums. I am not selling, just on the hunt for a certain item (a P7K3 barrel to be exact) and I am wanting to buy or trade for it. I don't want to violate any rules. Please let me know if I can still post my thread. Thanks, Pat

Bowl cuts are the greatest haircuts in the world

Posts: 230 | Location: Virginia Beach | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
parabellum,

apologize for the post, hadn't been on the site in a while and don't really ever post anything for sale

Posts: 16 | Location: Zebulon, GA | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Whoops. I missed this rule when I posted my sale. My fault.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WTS Sig p210
I have a sig p210 9mm ANIB with 22 conversion kit, 2 sets of grips (plastic and wood), sight adjustment tool, cleaning kit, mag loader, manual, 3 9mm mags and 2 22lr mags, plus a factory Sig leather case. No Box. Asking Price: $4200.00 Please contact me by e-mail, or cell (781)844-4516. Thank you, Bill

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post