SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    If your item for sale is listed on another board and you are not a dealer, do not post your item here
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If your item for sale is listed on another board and you are not a dealer, do not post your item here Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Para just a thought and I am wondering how it will be taken.

Lets say I have an item listed on this Forum (which I dont at this time), but lets say while its on here I show a friend the item as were at the range or wherever and I mention I'm selling it and they decide to buy said item. Well, I don't check the forum cause he has cash now and agree but come back to the forum and see someone offered to buy it. Would that create an issue or is the SF under agreement that it would always make sense to sell it locally to someone who has cash now etc?

I realize this is probably rarely a problem but just curious how it would be treated as obviously everyone would rather deal locally.

I know I am over thinking this and have only sold two items here a year or so ago but I thought I might bring it up.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Ive been in that exact spot Deqlyn. What I ended up doing was telling the local person that I needed to check the forum where I had it posted (Wasnt here BTW) and if nobody posted a "Ill take it" then it was all his.

I checked both the forum and the associated email address and then completed the sale.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I would too via smart phone but a bird in the hand....

Ive had a few sellers back out on me via forums and would be tempted to take the $$$ while I had a buyer.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to apologize for not reading this post before listing an item. I came to delete it as it had been sold only to find it already deleted... And then reading the rules. That is a complete backwards way of doing things and wanted to apologize. I understand why the rule is there and didn't intentionally try and break it but like an ass didn't read the rules first.

Posts: 116 | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also did not see this rule and posted a magazine a few days ago. I do not see it to close it, so it must have been deleted.
I apologize as I have no intention to break rules. I should have seen this thread.
It won't happen again.

Posts: 41 | Registered: March 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of devildogandboy
posted Hide Post
very glad I read this, now I know why my post was deleted. I abide by the rules and apologize for listing it here while being posted elsewhere.

sorry for any inconvenience.

Bruce

Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Sun City, Arizona | Registered: November 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only on this forum, but on other forums, rather than bump an ad, I have emailed the seller or been emailed by a buyer that I/they will take an item. On a local forum, I have been warned to not bump an ad, just to answer a question posed by another member. Now I email the other member and if they decide to take the item I will sell it or vise versa. but I always go by the first confirmed, "I will take it", either by forum reply or by email. If this a problem on this forum, please let me know.

Too many assholes, not enough bullets...

Posts: 679 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Idiot
posted Hide Post
I think your policy is stupid. Why should sigforum members miss out on a good deal just because someone has their for sale items listed on other sites. Or better yet, why would a seller limit themselves to only trying to sell something on sigforum. Not everyone visits every site and could easily miss what they are looking for. You can take this forum and stick it up your ass.

Posts: 22 | Registered: December 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Diamondd817:
I think your policy is stupid. Why should sigforum members miss out on a good deal just because someone has their for sale items listed on other sites. Or better yet, why would a seller limit themselves to only trying to sell something on sigforum. Not everyone visits every site and could easily miss what they are looking for. You can take this forum and stick it up your ass.

Because it weeds out sellers with less than acceptable integrity, as evidenced by your post.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:

Survey says...

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Survey says...
...Banned

Talk about missing the point. I'll not accept criticism from someone who can't even comprehend the purpose of this policy. Idiot.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
Not just banned, but a banned idiot. Big Grin

Damn, I love this place. Smile

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
And I hepped!! Big Grin

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
And I hepped!! Big Grin

Yea, but Para quoted me. And this time, it wasn't because I was being a dumb ass. Razz

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
And I hepped!! Big Grin

Yea, but Para quoted me. And this time, it wasn't because I was being a dumb ass. Razz

Okay. You win. Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
There's is also the cry babies. I remember the last time I had a new vortex scope for sale. One day, when I check my e-mails in the morning, some one here email me, offering to buy it at a lower price and an e-mail from someone here that wanted to buy it at the full price. Guess who I decided to sell it to?. I let the person that wanted the scope cheaper know, that I was going to sell it to someone else that was paying the asking price and the day after, I received an e-mail from Para, asking me if I was selling the same things in other sites. What a coincidence. I really don't mind what rules para wants to create or enforce. He run the site, so, his house, his rules. If people don't like it, they can go some where else.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 30PlusRetlaw,

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I listed an item here today after removing it from the other sites where it was posted. Why was it removed?

Posts: 128 | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't post here much any more, but I've been a member for a very long time. I also run a (non-firearms) forum and I know what a PITA it can be. Unlike the now banned name-calling guy in a previous post, I mean no disrespect.

Unfortunately for me, this rule just means I won't be selling items here, which is a shame because this it the community I'd rather see my Sig stuff go to when and if I ever sell it. Why? Because there are good people here, I've learned a lot here over the years, and having bought a fair amount of Sig stuff here, I would certainly like to repay the community if and when I sell. For example, I bought a couple of absolutely beautiful nickel P226 pistols here a decade ago, and it's a shame that should I sell them, it won't be here.

I get money either way, so I'm not really losing out, but I have to say, I think this rule is a mistake even though I understand why it is in place. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a fair number of people who feel the same way.

That said, I respect the decision and will abide by the rule by not selling here.

Posts: 210 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LevelHead:

Unfortunately for me, this rule just means I won't be selling items here, which is a shame because this it the community I'd rather see my Sig stuff go to when and if I ever sell it . Why? Because there are good people here, I've learned a lot here over the years, and having bought a fair amount of Sig stuff here, I would certainly like to repay the community if and when I sell . For example, I bought a couple of absolutely beautiful nickel P226 pistols here a decade ago, and it's a shame that should I sell them, it won't be here.

I don't understand this reasoning at all.

What's so difficult about putting things up here first and giving the membership here first opportunity? That way you can fulfill the parts of your statement I highlighted.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
quote:
Originally posted by LevelHead:

Unfortunately for me, this rule just means I won't be selling items here, which is a shame because this it the community I'd rather see my Sig stuff go to when and if I ever sell it . Why? Because there are good people here, I've learned a lot here over the years, and having bought a fair amount of Sig stuff here, I would certainly like to repay the community if and when I sell . For example, I bought a couple of absolutely beautiful nickel P226 pistols here a decade ago, and it's a shame that should I sell them, it won't be here.

I don't understand this reasoning at all.

What's so difficult about putting things up here first and giving the membership here first opportunity? That way you can fulfill the parts of your statement I highlighted.

I am puzzled by that, also. Makes no logical sense to me. But, it's his guns and his choices.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post