SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Something Different-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something Different-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
this is an 18" pizza rocker for a great customer and friend who is a part of the Sigforum family. i had never done anything like it before and it was quite a learning experience. it all worked out well, though. it is 80CrV2 steel with differential heat treat and stabilized thuya burl handles.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
WIN!! Outstanding!!!! Everything but anchovies on mine please, thin crust!! Great work man!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I must report that it cut through that pizza so much better than a wheel. Leigh had enough leverage on it and she just loves it. She makes home made pizza dough quite often and she always complained about her pizza wheel not doing a good enough job. This fixed it for sure!!

Thanks!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That is some seriously cool work.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, fellas. i am glad it worked out so well. this was a fun project, for sure. the mrs. is giving me the business because she wants one for our kitchen. guess i am going to have to make one for her pretty soon.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Better get ready to make a wall rack for that thing too, prob. don't want it in a cabinet drawer!

Beautiful work!

Posts: 6391 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Very nice design I imagine the leather sheath
took a little more figuring as well. Well done!

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Do you season and preserve it with extra, extra virgin olive oil?

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post