SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kailash Panawal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kailash Panawal Login/Join 
posted
Long wait, nice blade.

Blade length: 11 inches
Handle: 4.75 inches / Indian Rosewood

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Nice! Very nice! May I ask where you got it from?

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have a Historical British Service Issue from them that I'm quite fond of. Their delivery times are sneaking up a bit due to the world situation, but I'd do business with them again.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
May I ask where you got it from?

Sure...ordered direct from Kailash Blades.

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pace40:
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
May I ask where you got it from?

Sure...ordered direct from Kailash Blades.

I just perused their website; looks like good stuff. They have lots of choices/variations, so I'll have to do more digging.

I'm liking the Scourge.

https://kailashblades.com/product/scourge/

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
MK1 looks good. How long did it take? Looks like it could be a bit of a sketchy operation?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are a small shop so it seems most of their stuff is made to order, plus ship time from Nepal. I've ordered one blade from them. I think they're solid.

I think I waited something like a month or so to get my Due Chirra.

Contemplating ordering a Scourge...because zombies.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
MK1 looks good. How long did it take? Looks like it could be a bit of a sketchy operation?

Ordered Dec 30 received Apr 26 but to be fair, DHL lost it for about 3 weeks. I don't think they're sketchy at all. I was kept informed during the build and they jumped on helping DHL track it down when they lost it. I would buy from them again.

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a Panawai.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
... Looks like it could be a bit of a sketchy operation?

What is it that suggests sketchy?

I went through a lot of the site, I get startup operation in a foreign company, but I don't get "sketchy." Several pages share information about culture and tradition. Some pages suggest a sense of humor unless of course zombies are real.

Would your concern be the same if it were a U.S. based company? What did I miss? Smile

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
It's a small shop in Nepal. Only thing sketchy about it is the time frame may get extended by supply issues and shipping issues they have no control over. They were upfront when I ordered that delivery times were extended. I got photos of my knife in progress which was pretty cool. Quality of the blade is excellent. Cost isn't that bad. I'll order another and just forget I ordered it until it comes in.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much is shipping? I did not see shipping charges listed on the website, maybe I just missed it.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I just put an order in and the shipping from Nepal was about 45 bucks to me in New Mexico.

Mine will look something like this when it comes in: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWORD...app&utm_source=share

It’s an 18” Sirupate with a Scourge style micarta handle. I can’t wait. I’ve been emailing back-and-forth with their guy Lucas, and he has been extremely helpful.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post