SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    DBKnives , it’s been a wonderful journey.........
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DBKnives , it’s been a wonderful journey......... Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, Jim. I enjoyed doing a bit of business with you a couple of years ago and ended up with an outstanding knife I’m still carrying. I can emphasize with the condition though. Getting old sux.

Does this mean I now have a collectible knife?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Stayed away for a few days and missed the news! As artistic as you are I know you will find a new passion to express yourself in. When I won your raffle was a very happy day for me. Everyone that has seen and held your blade has been impressed at the looks and balance it has. I purchased a skinner some time before from you and my son in law was proud to receive it. Thanks for sharing your art. Your work will undoubtedly live longer than any of us.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this but immensely grateful I have one of your amazing blades for myself and was able to present another to a lifelong friend in 2019. Best of luck with whatever comes next.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear about you closing up; but perhaps as another member mentioned another door is being opened for you. Maybe you will get to pass your skills and passion on to others as a teacher or mentor in this new chapter of life. Best wishes!

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Terrible news. But you've gotten to do things with your hands most will only ever dream of. Best of luck and hope you soon find another way to channel your creativity.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear this. Your work is excellent. I’ve got a couple of your blades and use them regularly. I hate that I won’t be able to get any more, but what is most important is that you do what is best for you. Plenty of better things to use those hands for than shaping steel. My family struggles with RA, so I quite literally feel your pain. Go enjoy life. You got people out there who care and want the best for you, even if they never met you in person. Good luck and I truly hope you find something even more rewarding to turn your attention to.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Man, this IS bittersweet ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Change is inevitable. Embrace your future. You're an artisan and a tool maker. The knives you've made are but part of your legacy. I am fortunate to have a couple of your beautiful, yet 100% functional bladed creations. God Bless and Thank You!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Sorry that you've had to close up shop. Your work was truly artistry with function. Best of luck in you new phase of life.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. Always enjoyed looking at your creations. You are very talented. Good luck with future endeavors.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry about this! I gave your knife to my niece as a wedding present and she loves it!

God's blessings and joy to you!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Best of luck in your new ventures, Jim! Keep your hands in shape and healthy and try not to regret closing shop too much. Your health is more important.

I'm happy to have been a happy customer with two out of five of your fine blades being special gifts.

Jim's handiwork on the right:

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38582 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I REALLY loved making those for you!!!!! Enjoy in the BEST of health!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
I know I will cherish mine for as long as I'm able and then hope to hand it down to future generations! Great knife by a great builder!

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Dang. I already miss seeing progress pics of Sybo’s work.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am using and enjoying 2dbk knives. Thanks and all the best.

Posts: 383 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Well, it’s onto another life passions. I picked up the guitar at an early age, being a”busy” child Wink, I never seemed to slow down enough to progress where I would wish. I am slowing things down a bit and re-kindled the fire! I WILL get this… learning is a bit different at almost 64.. I’m having the time of my life!! I have to start a new thread!!!!!!!
https://imgur.com/gallery/AKzNxe9

I have a friend who is a touring Blues Artist, that is coming over this morning for jam. Life is good in Nashvegas!!

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
You have accomplished a lot Jim. Like many I have enjoyed seeing some of your knives and your satisfied customers.
Wish you the best in all your new endeavors.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19101 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's quite the collection you've got going there. A fretless Suhr? Yeah, you're diving in deep!!

Posts: 17045 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nope, there are frets, I failed to take the fret protector off when I took the photo Eek
Yeah I guess I dove in pretty deep, by once cry once……
But I’m having the time of my life!!