SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Protech Malibu
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protech Malibu Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Picked up a project knife from someone who said he was a knife sharpener Roll Eyes the edge was a mess & sadly a lot of material had to be removed to get it straightened out and the action was terrible.
It received a disassembly & cleaning and now is once again drop shut smooth.
I did get it for $140 so given what they’re going for on the secondary market it was a fair deal & it’ll be a daily carry & user which is what I was wanting it for.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Such a pleasing knife design.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
It’s my first experience with a Malibu but I’m already to buy another one.
I usually prefer a larger & oddly enough, heavier knife.
But I really like this design.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice Grumpy, I like that design as well. I have carried an Emerson cqc 7 of some shape or form since I got my first Emerson/Benchmade collaboration in late 90s. Chisel grind works for me. That Malibu is a great looking blade, I’ll have to look into them. P.S….. I got a Chavez after seeing yours, they are a really solid knife, excellent build quality. Didn’t make it to my pocket because… well because old habits are hard to change with the Emerson, blah blah blah…. But anyways, you have good taste in blades and always enjoy your posts

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post