SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Option: which ZT 302 would you sell?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Option: which ZT 302 would you sell? Login/Join 
Picture of Old226
posted
I could use some opinions. I have two Zero Tolerance 0302's (commonly referred to as the Gibbs knife by people who watch NCIS). Due to a recent case of unemployment (long story), I've decided to sell one of them.

One is dated Jan 07 and is SN 0300. The other is dated Feb 08 and is SN 0841.

I carried the lower SN one a few times and it has a few minor light scratches on the blade's finish if you look really really close. The higher SN is in excellent condition and has mostly just sat in a drawer collecting dust.

ZT made some changes from when the 1st one was made and the second one. You ZT experts already know what they were. The obvious changes were the torsion bar button changed color went from silver to black and the tiger stripes also changed a little in pattern and shade. Neither blade's have been sharpen.

I'm wondering which one would be considered more collectable? Which one would you sell? I normally carry a ZT 560BW so the 302's are both just sitting there.

Thanks Folks

Tools of the Trade: WG P226, P228, P229 SAS Gen II, Para P16, S&W 610, Springfield 1911 (Les Baer) 10mm, EMP .40S&W & Ed Brown Executive Carry 45acp

Posts: 168 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a ZT0301 last year, shortly after ZT quit making them. Kershaw Guy had some left, but now they are all gone.

ZT doesn't have anything like it available now, so far as I know, and nothing even with a 3-3/4" blade. Considering the prices I saw a couple months ago ($600!) I'll never sell mine.

I'll honestly suggest that you find some other way to raise money. I sold off a gun collection about 30 years ago, never was able to get it back when I recovered financially, and the money I got didn't go very far.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly, between the two, the one in better condition will be more collectible. People want as new as possible with box and papers if they are paying top dollar.

I don't know where the other guy saw $600 for them but they are not that collectible. The 0302 I believe is the most desirable and the most rare but I think they topped out around $400.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Amazon seller. I didn't bother to click on his ad, so I don't know how many he had, and at that price I didn't care.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either one is going to bring you some quick cash. If it were up to me, I would hold onto the lower serial number as it has already been used. Later on, if push comes to shove you could go back to carrying it. The one in excellent condition I wouldn't want to ever carry. Full disclosure though, I carry either a 0303 or 0302 everyday so I'd want to keep the one I can use. Just my two cents.

---------------------------
And... Have a good 'un.

Posts: 279 | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post