SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Benchmade customer service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchmade customer service Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Para, if you want to nuke this, I understand.

My son has a Mini Griptilian, which was his first big boy knife over a decade ago.

He carried it for a couple of years and apparently used it for something other than a knife, as he took a chunk out of the blade. A chunk so big, that I was not comfortable trying to remove it by sharpening it.

I sent it to Benchmade for its Lifetime Lifesharp service. I did pay USPS Priority Mail to get it there. In less than two weeks, it was returned. I do not know how they sharpened or fixed the blade, but it looks like new.

I have vowed to never buy another Benchmade knife. However, I thought this positive experience was worth passing along to those who have Benchmade knives that need service.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Their service has always been top notch. They will replace blades, clips, or almost any damaged parts.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to hit their booth at the NA show a few years back. They engraved my purchase while I waited but disassembled my son's 10 year old knife, cleaned, reassembled and sharpened at the same time for free. This included taking out a pretty big chip in the son's blade.

Posts: 1628 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRMN8R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Their service has always been top notch.

Absolutely!

HUGE Benchmade fan right here from every knife of theirs I’ve owned; especially the ones I’ve ordered from them factory-direct and received extremely respectable Military/LEO discounts on; right up to EVERY LifeSharp experience I’ve had with them.

I still have a 940 in some flavor or another as an EDC at work. NEVER lets me down.

G19G5x2/G43/G42
Canik TP9 SFx
HK45c Tactical
USP45c/ss
P30S V3
P30 V1 LEM
And a butt-load of P7's...

Posts: 721 | Location: Harley City, GA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have made some questionable political decisions that could/should have been avoided. That being said, BM designs are easily at the top of my list in their class. Spy dies are fairly comparable and I prefer their grinds but the axis lock is a tough design to beat. Spydies version has never appealed to me.

I had a beat up combo edge and for 20 bucks they put a plain edge in for me.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
P-220 Said:
quote:
I have vowed to never buy another Benchmade knife.

Not trying to stir shit up, but why?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
P-220 Said:
quote:
I have vowed to never buy another Benchmade knife.

Not trying to stir shit up, but why?

The things long-time members sometimes do not know sometimes astonishes me.

I cannot find the original thread, so these will have to suffice:
Sorry, Benchmade, I can't forgive you
Are we still Pissed off at Benchmade?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRMN8R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

The things long-time members sometimes do not know sometimes astonishes me.

Well, then, prepare to have your mind blown.

Although my post count might not reflect it, I’ve been “here” on and off for 16 years, and this is the first time I’ve seen or heard ANYwhere this absolute bullshit about these completely UNforgivable practices by Benchmade. I had absolutely NO idea. So...

Let me just sum up to say I was literally in the process of buying yet another Benchmade when this notification popped into my e-mail Inbox.

And I now have my very first Emerson.

G19G5x2/G43/G42
Canik TP9 SFx
HK45c Tactical
USP45c/ss
P30S V3
P30 V1 LEM
And a butt-load of P7's...

Posts: 721 | Location: Harley City, GA | Registered: May 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
>> The things long-time members sometimes do not know sometimes astonishes me. <<

No need to be a dick. It IS possible for people to not be aware of things like this.

I, for one, am new to an interest in knives and to The Essential Edge, and now visit this forum to learn. And I may ask seemingly stupid questions, even after doing a search for answers.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2827 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I have never had to use Benchmade CS, but Cutco's is also really good and will sharpen them for you. My two favorite knives are my Benchmade and my Cutco folder that I had for years.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I've sent 2 knives to them. In each case they repaired the knife and returned it quickly. They also sent a new clip along with the knife.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Taking the political stuff out of the mix,they make a great knife, customer service is great also.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Political stuff aside…I had one knife that I broke the belt clip on and the CS was as good as I could hope for. They just sent me a new clip actually I didn’t have to send the knife in.

Political stuff included…fuck them. I own two of their knives and won’t own a third.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Their service has always been good. Their politics suck but I bought my knives years before they were exposed.

I have 2 automatics and a regular knife. One thing I do not like about their service is they do not sharpen serrations.

Last summer I used a local guy who has a knife sharpening business as his side gig from UPS.

Posts: 13037 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post