SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Zero Tolerance Knives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero Tolerance Knives Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I’ve been a life long fan of Spyderco knives.
Their variety of shapes ,sizes & designs meant there was always something interesting on my “next to buy” list.
Steel options & price ranges to cover all budgets saw them getting all my knife money.
Though Sprint Runs, Taichung collaborations & Discontinued models were where my interests lay.

But lately I’ve been focusing on ZT knives.
I look at the other makers offerings but I’m really taken by some of ZTs stuff.
I have to admit I was never into flippers or frame locks which might explain why I looked past them for so long.

Anyone else prefer ZT these days ?
Or am I like that guy who’s at work wanting to talk about The Da Vinci Code because he just got around to watching it last week!?!?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Hey, they are great knives! You just have to ask yourself "What would Jethro Gibbs do?"

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Have a ZT 0450 and like it very much.

It's a flipper, very light, extremely sharp!

Carry it weak side as a backup neck stabber.

It's developed a few spots on the blade that need to be addressed, but then it's not really had anything other than pocket time.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
There’s not some “Benchmade” type ghosts in the closet with this company, are there?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I don't prefer them, but I do have the Gibbs knife. It's pretty cool.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I have one of the 300 series (a Gibbs knife) and I like it a lot, other than being heavy (duh).

They don't make that particular model anymore, but they have a lot of cool looking alternatives.

I did have problems with their "lifetime sharpening" right after I got the knife, though. It wasn't sharp enough to break the skin on my hand, so I sent it in, and they returned it unsharpened, saying it met their sharpness criteria. So I was out of the shipping and the knife still needed to be sharpened.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
There’s not some “Benchmade” type ghosts in the closet with this company, are there?

ZT is a derivative of Kershaw. They are high-end Kershaw knives.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My EDC is a ZT 0900 George design. Years of faithful service thus far..

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

I have a Les George 0909
His designs certainly fit the “Built like tank” line for sure.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Absolutely robust knives. I had the good fortune of obtaining a ZT 0121 fixed blade a few years back. Superb blade
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

I have a Les George 0909
His designs certainly fit the “Built like tank” line for sure.

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I carry a 303 and my wife carries a 350 when walking. Great knives.

I thought the 303 was huge until I discovered https://medfordknife.com/folders/

Just can't justify paying that much.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a couple. They make a higher-end factory knife. Many are in the heavy, thick, hard use tactical segment of the folder market, but those are big sellers at the moment.

They make a good knife.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I’m in a knife buying & customizing mode at the moment.
Having learned my lesson after Sandyhook there’s nothing firearm related I “need” at the moment to include ammunition. (I’d always take more but I’m more than good right now).
So that freed me up to do some shopping while I was recovering from C-19 in April and there’s no shortage of knives and custom accessories to dress them up.
I’m currently awaiting the arrival of a set of custom brass pivot pin & screw set for one of my 0562ti from Australia.
These are good times to be buying knives !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

posted Hide Post
GrumpyBiker,

I've handled, sharpen several ZT knives. The ZT's certainly have some heft to them when comparing to Spyderco PM2's... If you like the ZT's, take a look at Andre Thornburn's flippers. I've sharpened/handled his A2 A6 and L51. Amazing actions, best flippers I've had in hand. You'll have to sell two or four ZT's to get one!

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
I got into Zero Tolerance blades a few years back. Specifically, their 0300-series.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been buying ZT knives for quite a while. Last count was 21 with 9 more on my wish list. They all get rotated as my carry knife.

The only Spyderco knives I own are the Paysan and Smock. I like the Paysan because the handle is built from a solid piece of Titanium and feels really good in the hand. The Smock is one of my favorite knives because of the style and it's a flipper.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
A bit like the super heavy duty Hinderer folders.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my ZT0350BW

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I like ZT knives I collected them for years. Most of mine are the older ones, some not made any more and are rare. The 0560CFCB is my favorite pocket knife. It is so smooth and fast to deploy but sits very low in the pocket. ZT is good stuff. And I wanted to say to eTripper, I really like those pocket clips.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the 'hat-tip', brother! You have a great collection of stunning ZT's. The deep-carry "Punisher" clips make an excellent blade, totally outstanding.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post