SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Zero Tolerance Knives
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero Tolerance Knives Login/Join 
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Just like Grumpy Biker; I'm typically a Spyderco user though this ZT0804 caught my eye for the longest time until I was finally able to buy a used one. It's now part of my rotation Big Grin

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 221 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toxophilus84:
Just like Grumpy Biker; I'm typically a Spyderco user though this ZT0804 caught my eye for the longest time until I was finally able to buy a used one. It's now part of my rotation Big Grin

I carry an 804 daily and snag them whenever I see one pop up for a reasonable amount. I have one of Todd's "Singularity" folders and 3 fixed blades that he made for me before his popularity as a knifemaker went crazy (he used to regularly post on the 6.8 rifle forums). I carry this instead, as his knives are thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars and his books are closed and 10 years deep anyway...

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
And a few of my ZTs. Two are out for DLC coating right now (an 804 and a 456CF).

115 + 115 = 230

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ I just picked up that little guy, I think it’s called the 0222 maybe? It’s a sweet little folder and built like a tank. Expensive, but just something about it that I love. Goes well with my 0450.

Very nice collection BTW!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I just ordered my first ZT, after seeing other models at the LKS.

Waiting on my 0450CF. Should be here Wednesday!

The rest of my knives are Kershaws: Launch 1, a Leek and a Link.

Edit to add: Are there aftermarket pocket clips available anywhere. I might want it to ride lower in my pocket.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
I just ordered my first ZT, after seeing other models at the LKS.

Waiting on my 0450CF. Should be here Wednesday!

The rest of my knives are Kershaws: Launch 1, a Leek and a Link.

Edit to add: Are there aftermarket pocket clips available anywhere. I might want it to ride lower in my pocket.

PopsCustomClips on Etsy.

It might take a bit. Good CS if something gets screwed up. I ordered two, one for my 450CF and one for my 350TS. About two weeks later I got an email saying the 450 clip was shipping, there was a problem with the one for the 350, it was damaged in production and would ship as soon as possible. After I had the one for the 450 for about a week I emailed asking about the status of the one for the 350. The owner emailed back with a detailed explanation of what happened with the first clip, reason why the replacement was delayed, and an offer to ship any of the in stock clips immediately, a refund, or I could wait for the custom one. I chose to wait.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
PopsCustomClips on Etsy.

EXACTLY what I was looking for and hoping for! Thanks, Herkdriver!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
My latest ZT, an 0566 with a new scale upgrade. It's quickly becoming my favorite EDC.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Great knives of the Keyshaw heritage. A bit “ Clunky “ for me. I am one of those that personally wished Benchmade hadn’t stepped on their dick…

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Concur about BM.

Like their knives, hate their politics.

Have several. Will use them up and toss them, so they will be replaced by something not BM.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on the 562 with Elmax steel and G10 handles? A discontinued model. Wondering why.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Any thoughts on the 562 with Elmax steel and G10 handles? A discontinued model. Wondering why.

My understanding from the guru historians on the ZT groups & forums is that ZTs Elmax had a heat treat issue & got a bad reputation from that.
The problem with that is that
1) it was an issue on early 0566 models.

2) it was addressed & their Elmax afterwards was very nice .

I have 3 ZT models with their Elmax (none of them are 0566) and absolutely love the edge I get on it.
But evidently two things arose from that heat treat issue.
One was better steels came into development and the lack of understanding made folks leery of ZTs Elmax.
So Elmax went away replaced by other / better steels.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Double 0560s

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Very nice Grumpy. All of my 0560s were much earlier production.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Very nice Grumpy. All of my 0560s were much earlier production.

I am only buying the later ones with the added lockbar insert.
Rick Hinderer finally added it to the Xm-18 in his Gen 6 line.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
Just got my 456CF back today:

115 + 115 = 230

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M4Super90:
Just got my 456CF back today:

Hydro-Dipped ???

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%