SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Does anyone carry a push dagger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone carry a push dagger? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Several companies make them. I was hoping some of you guys carry one and have a favorite.

I'd like to carry one behind my spare mags on my duty belt.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I use to carry a Cold Steel push dagger when I was a paramedic. We got stationed in some really crappy areas working nights.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I use to carry a Cold Steel push dagger.

Same, but only occasionally. Single purpose item; its not very useful as a multi-tool.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
How were the sheaths? Did they have a metal or plastic clip? Or just a chain for around the neck?

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The one I had was a kydex-ish sheath with a plastic(?) clip. Honestly I don't remember anymore.

I had a problem with the felony that's attached to carrying it here, so I sold it. Big Grin

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
I haven't carried this one yet. I am hoping to take some hand to hand training. A guy at my work made this for me, his first time making one, but I think he did a pretty good job.

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 954 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The one I had was a kydex-ish sheath with a plastic(?) clip. Honestly I don't remember anymore.

I had a problem with the felony that's attached to carrying it here, so I sold it. Big Grin

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

quote:
Originally posted by carriganzl:
I haven't carried this one yet. I am hoping to take some hand to hand training. A guy at my work made this for me, his first time making one, but I think he did a pretty good job.

John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
I had a small one mounted behind my mag pouch with zip ties. I believe it was a Cold Steel Urban Pal. It was small enough that it didn't show past the mags.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That’s a good idea with zip ties. Did the Urban Pal seem small to you?

quote:
Originally posted by john1:
I had a small one mounted behind my mag pouch with zip ties. I believe it was a Cold Steel Urban Pal. It was small enough that it didn't show past the mags.

Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
https://tacticalgear.com/ka-ba...aw-enforcement-knife

Check this out. It’s designed to be carried behind a mag pouch.

Posts: 391 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
BennerP220: It was on the small-ish side, but it stayed hidden behind two magazines prety well. If a guy was carrying three mags he might get away with a bigger-handled larger one.

The intended use was weapon retention and while I never had to use it I felt it would meet my needs.

Posts: 590 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Just ordered one!

quote:
Originally posted by Paddy314:
https://tacticalgear.com/ka-ba...aw-enforcement-knife

Check this out. It’s designed to be carried behind a mag pouch.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I think I’m gonna order that or the Safe Maker II.

quote:
Originally posted by john1:
BennerP220: It was on the small-ish side, but it stayed hidden behind two magazines prety well. If a guy was carrying three mags he might get away with a bigger-handled larger one.

The intended use was weapon retention and while I never had to use it I felt it would meet my needs.

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
https://imgur.com/a/jVx2d8k

I’ve made a few…..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Wow, sybo! That looks great!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Cold Steel Safekeeper, plastic clip.

For a while, I carried it inside left boot, wire tied to the boot pull tab for security.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pic, RichardC. I don’t think that plastic clip would work for my application.