SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Does anyone carry a push dagger?

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Does anyone carry a push dagger? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
Several companies make them. I was hoping some of you guys carry one and have a favorite.

I'd like to carry one behind my spare mags on my duty belt.
 
Posts: 3154 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I use to carry a Cold Steel push dagger when I was a paramedic. We got stationed in some really crappy areas working nights.


"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
 
Posts: 6273 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I use to carry a Cold Steel push dagger.


Same, but only occasionally. Single purpose item; its not very useful as a multi-tool.


_____________________
 
Posts: 12992 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
How were the sheaths? Did they have a metal or plastic clip? Or just a chain for around the neck?
 
Posts: 3154 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The one I had was a kydex-ish sheath with a plastic(?) clip. Honestly I don't remember anymore.

I had a problem with the felony that's attached to carrying it here, so I sold it. Big Grin


_____________________________________________________
Sliced bread, the greatest thing since the 1911.

 
Posts: 18988 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
I haven't carried this one yet. I am hoping to take some hand to hand training. A guy at my work made this for me, his first time making one, but I think he did a pretty good job.









SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.
 
Posts: 905 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The one I had was a kydex-ish sheath with a plastic(?) clip. Honestly I don't remember anymore.

I had a problem with the felony that's attached to carrying it here, so I sold it. Big Grin
 
Posts: 3154 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

quote:
Originally posted by carriganzl:
I haven't carried this one yet. I am hoping to take some hand to hand training. A guy at my work made this for me, his first time making one, but I think he did a pretty good job.





 
Posts: 3154 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
I had a small one mounted behind my mag pouch with zip ties. I believe it was a Cold Steel Urban Pal. It was small enough that it didn't show past the mags.
 
Posts: 531 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That’s a good idea with zip ties. Did the Urban Pal seem small to you?


quote:
Originally posted by john1:
I had a small one mounted behind my mag pouch with zip ties. I believe it was a Cold Steel Urban Pal. It was small enough that it didn't show past the mags.
 
Posts: 3154 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
https://tacticalgear.com/ka-ba...aw-enforcement-knife

Check this out. It’s designed to be carried behind a mag pouch.
 
Posts: 346 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
BennerP220: It was on the small-ish side, but it stayed hidden behind two magazines prety well. If a guy was carrying three mags he might get away with a bigger-handled larger one.

The intended use was weapon retention and while I never had to use it I felt it would meet my needs.
 
Posts: 531 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Just ordered one!


quote:
Originally posted by Paddy314:
https://tacticalgear.com/ka-ba...aw-enforcement-knife

Check this out. It’s designed to be carried behind a mag pouch.
 
Posts: 3154 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I think I’m gonna order that or the Safe Maker II.

quote:
Originally posted by john1:
BennerP220: It was on the small-ish side, but it stayed hidden behind two magazines prety well. If a guy was carrying three mags he might get away with a bigger-handled larger one.

The intended use was weapon retention and while I never had to use it I felt it would meet my needs.
 
Posts: 3154 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
https://imgur.com/a/jVx2d8k

I’ve made a few…..
 
Posts: 6026 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Wow, sybo! That looks great!
 
Posts: 3154 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Cold Steel Safekeeper, plastic clip.

For a while, I carried it inside left boot, wire tied to the boot pull tab for security.



_____________________
 
Posts: 12992 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pic, RichardC. I don’t think that plastic clip would work for my application.
 
Posts: 3154 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Does anyone carry a push dagger?

© SIGforum 2021