SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Will Spyderco replace a ruined blade....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Spyderco replace a ruined blade.... Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
....on a Native I think. It is one of their cheaper models.

I made the mistake of letting a "knife sharpener" at a gun show work it over. The point which goes below the scales, moved back and above the scale as the "sharpener" repeated the work. I will not let anyone use a sanding tape any mor except me. And then only on a ruined fixed blade

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t think so as it’s not a failure of on the manufacture or of the material.

I would be interested in seeing a pic of the damage.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Grumpy Biker is spot on; Spyderco won't cover that, though if you're able to take your Native apart you might consider doing a reverse tanto to keep the tip of the blade under the scales.

I bought the CF Stretch below with the intent of re-purposing the scales, but at the same time decided to grind off the tip rather than modify the kick inside the lock-works to make it drop down further.

The Stretch was like this from the previous owner that had it for many years of use & sharpening.

In the end I put the HAP-40 blade into the CF scales (last image) and the old ZDP-189 blade is now in the burnt orange FRN scales...

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Spyderco doesn't, as I understand it, generally replace blades, and certainly not when your delegate screwed it up. I don't think they'll sell blades, either.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post