SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Vintage Gerber Guardian Boxed Set
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage Gerber Guardian Boxed Set Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wow I've never seen that set before. Awesome. I love Gerber fixed blades and have recently started fixating on them again. Picked up a Command II and Mark II.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Woof,

Posts: 130 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Was the Gun shop Behlerts?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Was the Gun shop Behlerts?

No, I don't remember the exact name, it was in Union. I think my Python was from the same shop, my brother ordered it there.

I don't remember Behlert having a gun shop, I just thought he was a gunsmith in Cranford, NJ.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Always thought his shop was in Union.

Been a long time since I was there...forty plus years ago. He had a few guns for sale generally. I bought a satin nickle Commander in .45 there, later had him do some work on it.

Did You ever go to Ray's in N. Plainfield? Man but in it's day THAT was a hell of a gun shop!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did You ever go to Ray's in N. Plainfield? Man but in it's day THAT was a hell of a gun shop!

Is Ray's the one with a gun room in the back in the middle? It's been decades but there was an awesome sporting goods store with a room for all the guns.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

Is Ray's the one with a gun room in the back in the middle? It's been decades but there was an awesome sporting goods store with a room for all the guns.

That was Ray's, an amazing outdoor store. Guns, bows. fishing, knives!! I was probably in Ray's a couple of hundred times, sometimes just to drool.

I lived in that area for 60 years, raised in Cranford. I'll ask my brother if he remembers Behlert's shop, I know he was an expert on 1911s. I was a friend of his daughter's years ago, back in the 70's but never met him.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
My 91 year old Mom still lives in Barnegat Bay (Exit 67 Pkwy) and I visit 2-3 times a year.

Last year I was at a little seafood place and saw Dwight Schaamp the Gun Manager from Ray's. Also married to one of Ray's daughters. He personally relieved me of thousands of dollars over the years I lived in NJ. Ray's was an epic gun store.

Lots of local Cops hung out there, used the indoor Range, etc. I was one of them.

Saw some amazing guns come in the front door. Veterans would die, their Families would sell their stuff at Ray's.

Behlert's was a neat place , as one could occasionally watch the Dad work on guns. He was a Master. Austin the Dad and Frank the kid if I recall correctly.

I can recall seeing dozens of old S&W Registered Magnums, K-32's, etc , in the used pistol Case at Ray's. All I was interested in was the newer guns. I wanted stainless steel and high capacity nines.