SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    SO per positive thoughts from some members I picked up an ESEE4,
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SO per positive thoughts from some members I picked up an ESEE4, Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
I would like to put it somewhere handy in my 2020 F150. The sheath holds the knife firmly. Was thinking behind the visor . Any thoughts on where to mount this knife and how?

Posts: 2299 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Good choice for a variety of uses.
For what purpose? I own two but I don't look at them as my primary defense method. I have firearms for that.
Mine is between the seat and center console to be use for general knife needs but not too far away in an emergency.

Posts: 9439 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Most likely need? Answer that and you might narrow down best locations.

Posts: 7484 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
First line of defense, quick access, I usually have a pistol in my center console.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
In that case, I used to keep a fixed blade clipped to the driver's door low and close to my left hand.
Maybe I should start doing that again now that you mention it.

Posts: 7484 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Maybe on the underside of the steering column at an angle to the rear?

Posts: 9439 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Possible but the mounting setup has to be solid, the knife needs a firm yank to get out of its sheath

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Possible but the mounting setup has to be solid, the knife needs a firm yank to get out of its sheath

I carry an Izula in my pocket in the Kydex sheath so I'm familiar with that issue.
When griping the knife, use your thumb to press against the Kydex right in front of it instead of pulling hard and it pops right out.
Seems to work on all the models I have which include the 3, 4 & 6.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
No where that a cop could see it and get worried.

Posts: 9941 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post