SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    New scales and sheaths suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New scales and sheaths suggestions Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted
There are a few knives in my drawer I don't use as much because their grips are uncomfortable or they need new sheaths.

Is TKC the best source for G10 scales for ESEE or Becker knives?

Who makes a good kydex sheath for the ESEE 6 or Ontario SP46?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Is TKC the best source for G10 scales for ESEE or Becker knives?
In my opinion, yes. In addition to G10, they are offering canvas micarta, which is a great choice for knife handles. These scales are well-machined and fit ESEE knives properly and they are comfortable in the hand
quote:
Who makes a good kydex sheath for the ESEE 6 or Ontario SP46?
This is my choice:

https://theknifeconnection.com...eather-backer-black/

You can get a kydex sheath for half the price, but this sheath is worth the money IMO. Unlike most kydex sheaths, this one has a reliable tension adjustment mechanism, which is important if you plan to wear the knife on your belt. You don't want to go tramping through the woods only to find that your knife snagged on something and is no longer in its sheath.

The leather backer is practical for carry because the sheath is not so rigid on your belt and will move a bit as you walk around or bend over. If you prefer, you can remove the leather backer and mount the sheath on an ESEE MOLLE backer and it will accept the ESEE pouches, all found here:

https://theknifeconnection.com...-knives-accessories/

The guys at The Knife Connection run a good shop and in my opinion, they are worthy of your business. If you have an issue with a product or you're not satisfied, they will take care of you.

Posts: 107489 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your help, Para. I didn't know they sold sheaths, and that absolutely looks worth the money. I'll be placing an order shortly.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post