SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Knife Maintenance Tools - Hex Bit Drivers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knife Maintenance Tools - Hex Bit Drivers Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Do t know if others are into these.
I’d held off buying until I’d read up on & researched enough to feel good about a purchase.
What dedicated knife maintenance tools does everyone prefer & / or do you simply use what you already had on hand?

I picked up a Scout Leather Co. limited edition titanium hex bit driver & a DB Knives brass hex bit driver.
I couldn’t decide so I bought both.
I use WiHa bits & stubby driver but also had a Kershaw pen style hex bit tool.
It came up missing a couple days ago which sent me looking for its replacement.

I’d felt these were a bit gimmicky for a while.
But I’d used a friends tool & realized they are actually a nice addition.
Certainly not a necessity by any means.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Isn't it amazing how you discover that those little 6T and 8T screws are not tight?. I have a set that was sent to me by Cold Steel, nothing fancy be glad to have them.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8315 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
85 bucks?

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
The brass one was $65 I got the titanium one NIB from a fellow knife sharpener for $50.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good things, many devils
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but definitely pricey.

For that kind of money I'd have just ordered a nice set from Chapman Manufacturing.

https://chapmanmfg.com/

Posts: 399 | Location: KS | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I use Wiha. Good tools.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I like the Wihi bits but they can be used in a number of tools.
I like this Williams ratcheting handle. They make the Snap-on version too but it sells for about twice the money from them.

https://www.amazon.com/William...pid=65583250281&th=1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Posts: 9439 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I use pretty much whatever I have on hand. Nothing fancy.
I threw together a simple kit of the most used tools that would take apart most of what I have.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I use Wiha. Good tools.

Yep.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post