SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Dark Chef-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Chef-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
wow, this one really came through for me. i was going to use a nice redwood burl, but it had a nasty crack and void in the material. only found it once i started shaping the wood. it happens. i didn't like the way the color of the redwood clashed with the color in the blade, so it worked out in the end. i ended up using some nice black barbwire micarta with matching pins. this may be my favorite chef design so far.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
That is amazing! Smile

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, i like how this kind of micarta looks similar to carbon fiber when finished. i haven't decided if i will offer this individually or make it part of a set. the mrs. has already placed a request for one like it for the kitchen. Big Grin

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh wow. That does look like carbon fiber. Have you oiled the scales? If you haven't, that may complete the visual effect.

I really like the shape of that knife. A matching medium cleaver and a paring knife and you'd have the bulk of the kitchen cutting tasks handled.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I’m really digging that, Dozer. I’d love to see a kitchen set.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
not a bad idea. if there is no interest in it alone, i might build it into a set. we will see.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Dozer,
I sent you an email yesterday on this knife and a little shiv knife you posted awhile back.
Check your junk mail it might be in there, if not my email is listed on the sigforum.
Thanks,
LT.

Posts: 495 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
found it and sent you a reply, my friend.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
took a couple extra shots in better lighting this morning.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome. I love it as well.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thank you, sir. i am starting to get the hang of this hamon thing. a change in the clay i was using made a huge difference. so glad to have more knowledgeable makers than myself to go to for advice.

dozer

Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Absolutely superb!

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks so much. the mrs. says if this one doesn't sale soon, she is stealing it. i am not sure how many knives that woman needs in one kitchen. Big Grin

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is another in this vein of knife. slim petty/chef but with a slightly thicker spine and very thin fine cutting edge. i did this one just a bit darker but with a more defined hamon line. we are getting better at this type of etch every day. you can see the great looking burl in the pics. should make an outstanding handle for this one.

dozer