SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Medford Knives
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medford Knives Login/Join 
Picture of caneau
posted
Does anyone have any experience with Medford Knives? They look like a nice, overbuilt folder. Anyone have one or can share experiences?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: caneau,

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Do you mean MEDFORD KNIVES of Phoenix, AZ? One local shop in northern AZ is a distributor. That's the only source that I've been able to handle their inventory. They're expensive (priced about the same as many guns these days) but built to last a couple of generations.

https://medfordknife.com/

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Updated with correction.

I'm not worried about the cost or heirloom worthiness for related reasons. Just wondering if anyone has hands on experience with the knives.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I haven't owned one...yet. I'll say this, I thought my ZT0300 was huge until I picked up a MEDFORD Praetorian. I swear the blade is twice as thick and wide. The shop where I've handled them has quite a display of folders and some fixed.

I especially liked the ability to custom build their knives (blade steel, blade finish, handles, hardware, clip, etc).

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I haven't owned one...yet. I'll say this, I thought my ZT0300 was huge until I picked up a MEDFORD Praetorian. I swear the blade is twice as thick and wide. The shop where I've handled them has quite a display of folders and some fixed.

I especially liked the ability to custom build their knives (blade steel, blade finish, handles, hardware, clip, etc).

Thanks. What's the name of the shop? I might swing by next weekend.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
DESERT EAGLE GUNS
8558 E Valley Rd in Prescott Valley, AZ
928-759-8558
(one street north of PRESCOTT VALLEY GUNS on SR69), grey brick building

Owned by the nicest people, Boris and Maria. They are not open on weekends these days.

Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
DESERT EAGLE GUNS
8558 E Valley Rd in Prescott Valley, AZ
928-759-8558
(one street north of PRESCOTT VALLEY GUNS on SR69), grey brick building

Owned by the nicest people, Boris and Maria. They are not open on weekends these days.

Thank you!

Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
Any one thinking about a Medford Knife should really go watch his podcasts on Youtube. His political views and all mimic the majority on the forum.

He also doesn't just make overbuilt tanks, although he known best for that. He now makes nice skinnier knives like the M-48. Yes, it is a complete tribute General Patton.

I have 3 Medfords right now and they seem to keep finding a home here.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they look amazing and would like to one day own one but for the price I personally prefer a good fixed blade.

Posts: 2055 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of InLoveWithSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
MEDFORD Praetorian

Late to the party. I own a Medford Praetorian. It's the largest (heaviest) and probably most expensive folder I have.

That said, I would have thought I'd hate it for it's bulkiness, but it's not that bad. Solid knife that will be passed onto many generations of my family.

Sigs: P220, P228, P239, P290, P365, P365 NRA

Posts: 1131 | Location: Midwest | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, but godDAMN $$$$!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post