SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Who has keychains tools like those from Atwood etc.?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has keychains tools like those from Atwood etc.? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I have an Atwood Prybaby that is stamped with the Strider name, from Strider knives. Fabricated with a spanner to use in takedown of the Strider folder knives.

Neat little tool I’ve had for many years.

I’d like to start getting more of these items, not specifically Atwoods though I like his stuff. Artistry in Titanium is another that I’ve gotten stuff from.

Atwood’s are hard to snag but I’m looking for small key chain size pry tools useful. It’s nice to have something to pry a soda tab up, open a bottle or tweak something and not be tempted to use a knife.

Materials are not super important but I lean toward Titanium or Damascus and only Made in USA and prefer small makers. Makers like Atwood or Lynch Northwest.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8337 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's not quite as fancy as either of those, but Gerber offers something similar called the Shard.

https://www.gerbergear.com/en-...tools/shard-22-01769

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Boker.

[/URL]

My only Atwood, an early whistle.

Not a tool, but a cash can from a member here at SIGforum. Watch courtesy of David, in a Karma several years ago!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
A cheaper alternative to have around that's still made in USA.
https://countycomm.com/collect...ducts/widgy-pry-bars

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Countycomm has a lot of handy pocket/keychain gadgets.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It's not quite as fancy as either of those, but Gerber offers something similar called the Shard.

I have had one for a while, it’s opened quite a few brews, and the half assed phillips driver is handy.

quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Boker.

I tried this one as I wanted a low profile glass breaker on me, but it didn’t work with my key ring well. I should really give it a second chance.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I keep a Nite-Ize "Doohickey" on my keychain. It's come in handy once or twice, but mostly, I forget it's there.

Not bad for $3.50.

Posts: 17045 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer a Leatherman Micra on my Keychain....

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Countycomm has a lot of handy pocket/keychain gadgets.

Yup, they sure do. Even though I've quit smoking, I still love my peanut lighter!

Your avatar looks like a diver. Does that explain all the gadgets hanging on your keychain? Smile

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:

Yup, they sure do. Even though I've quit smoking, I still love my peanut lighter!

Your avatar looks like a diver. Does that explain all the gadgets hanging on your keychain? Smile

I do dive, just not nearly as much as I'd like to. I'm a sucker for most anything titanium and have a do-it-yourself anodizing kit that I enjoy trying out on the gadgets. I'm a non-smoker but also think the peanut lighter is very handy and keep one in my hiking pack.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:

I do dive, just not nearly as much as I'd like to. I'm a sucker for most anything titanium and have a do-it-yourself anodizing kit that I enjoy trying out on the gadgets. I'm a non-smoker but also think the peanut lighter is very handy and keep one in my hiking pack.

Michael

Though I don't dive, your avatar, and assortment of tools on your keychain kind of tipped me off. From reading, depending on the type of diving done, one may need anything from one tool to a bunch of them.

And you keep a bunch of tools on your chain!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few of these on my keys,SwissTech Utili-Key. I like and use the small phillipshead screwdriver a lot.

http://www.swisstechtools.com/proddetail.aspx?pid=5

countycomm.com is a great site,spent some money there.

the Griffin Pocket Tool was cool, but it sits in a box.

https://griffinpockettool.com/

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Griffin Pocket Tool, original Titanium is on my key ring along with a surefire titan.

Thankfully my car has push button start and they don't jingle in the ignition.

Sadly the griffin is made overseas.

I also own a Jared Price Toucan Review

It's too precious and rare to me to carry every day, so it's mostly a desktop widget/conversation piece.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chessiedog1:
I have a few of these on my keys,SwissTech Utili-Key. I like and use the small phillipshead screwdriver a lot.

I've had one on my keys about 20 years ago. Everyone who I've shown it to, always opened it up, causing the rest of the keys to be released onto the floor.
I ended up taking it off when a chunk of the phillips chipped off.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I like this one, have had one on my keychain going on 7 yrs.

The "bottle opener" can also be used to adjust a sticky gas regulator on an FAL

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

https://www.gerbergear.com/en-...tools/shard-22-01769

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post