SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Anybody like Busse?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody like Busse? Login/Join 
posted
I used to love collecting these. I had to ignore the drinking, machismo, goofy names, etc, but I really liked a lot of their knives. Especially when they started making regular thick blades. Never had a hankering for a quarter inch thick knife.

I loved their old stuff, you can see some of it on the left side of picture. I never had a place to put them out in my old house. Now I have an office so I picked out some of my favorites.

Haven’t bought a Busse in a long time now. I kind of have my users covered though. I have a NMSFNO in my camping stuff, a couple Active Duty and Game Warden small knives, and an old school Buffalo Soldier as my camping cooking knife. I do love how easy they are to strop to a great edge. I don’t believe all the hype though, I certainly have chipped some of their big choppers.

One of my favorite blades is one of their least popular, the SARsquatch. (told you I hated the names lol)

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I have two Busse's that I bought a few years ago. The person I got them from never used them, and so far I haven't used them either. Great knives, but I'll probably end up selling them, because I don't see me getting any use from them. I have plenty other fixed blades that I actually use.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I had a bunch of Busse knives from years ago but think I’ve sold all but 3-4 of them. The ones I have left are smaller knives that have a lot of utility though I think I’ve only used one of them.

Posts: 2945 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I owned one, many years ago- a Steel Heart II that I purchased in 1996.

Posts: 107413 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the old school stuff.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have one - a game warden. Mine has got to be at least twelve or fifteen years old. It is a great shape for a small knife. The handle is especially comfortable. Mine is full thickness, and it is really too thick for a 3" knife. A boney model (thinner blade stock) would be much better.

But that is their thing, so . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53119 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am getting a sheath made for a Basic 4. Res C handle, nice 4 inch blade. They call it the Anorexic because it’s thin. Thin like every other knife in this size range. They do make some sharpened pry bars. My Game Wardens are fairly thin. Great little knife.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I get emails from them every day. I like the Hell razor and a couple others. Scouring the site last week I see the thickest blade they make now is .210". They used to offer a thicker blade. Didn't think anyone here knew of Busse.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I had an ASH-1 with a custom Rainwalker sheath. It was by far the beefiest, thickest blade I have ever owned at the time. I've since sold it since it was basically a safe queen. I might have sold it to a member here. Don't remember.

The only Busse I currently own is a Basic 10 LE choil-less.

I also have a Scrap Yard Dumpster Mutt. Not exactly a Busse, but close enough.

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold most of my big ones. Hell Razors, ASH’s, even a Battle Mistress. I did keep one of those. Since there seems to be interest I will add some pictures.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Busse were too rich for my blood, but I have a Swamp Rat RatManDu and a Scrap Yard Regulator.

Posts: 10896 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Ratmandu. That is a great blade.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I sold most of my big ones. Hell Razors, ASH’s, even a Battle Mistress. I did keep one of those. Since there seems to be interest I will add some pictures.
Waiting still for pics of these.. Cool

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops. Forgot. Alright I will get on it.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one. Don’t remember the model. It’s awesome but too expensive to use.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7938 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post