SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Dark Chef WIP-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Chef WIP-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
doing another Dark Chef and thought i would do a little progress thread. i am going to try a nice tuxedo handle on this one. it is forged 80CrV2 steel and the handle will be faux ivory bolsters with black barbwire micarta balance. kinda excited to see this come to life, so i thought i would bring you guys along with me for the ride. ignore the glorious file bowie in the pics, that is another experimental build.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
blade itself is done. now to fit a handle. i think the copper etched hamon came out nicely on this one.

dozer

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
finally got this thing finished. turns out the tuxedo handle will have to wait. i found a nasty void in the ivory micarta. it was the last bit of that i had on hand, so i went sideways with it. i had some wild black resin scales full of copper and brass shavings. took a chance on that. figured the metal shavings in the handle would look nice with the copper hamon line.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
working on a new Dark Chef. this hamon line really came through for me. maybe the best one yet.

dozer

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Sent you an email about this exact style. Wink

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i will take a look. i have trouble with new emails going straight to the trash area. makes me nuts. did you send it to liontribedesigns@gmail.com?

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
got another Chef model finished. this one has some striking spalted maple.

dozer

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
That is a object of beauty indeed!! Love the handle .

Posts: 4402 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
figured the metal shavings in the handle would look nice with the copper hamon line...

How right you were, stunning.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8305 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, fellas. these take some work to get right, but it is worth the trouble when they are done.

dozer

Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Both of those look Great!

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the latest. i am trying some new refinements to my heat treatment. hamon is very eye catching on this one.

dozer