SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    My new dagger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new dagger Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
Applegate Fair with six inch blade

Nice feeling, good heft, and sharp as all get out.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the same knife, bought it off of the classifieds here like 10 years ago. Love it! Handles great and feels awesome in the hand!!

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickmur:
Got the same knife, bought it off of the classifieds here like 10 years ago. Love it! Handles great and feels awesome in the hand!!

I just checked and mine is still hanging on my wall... so you can't have the same one Razz

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Nice! Who makes it? I need one!

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:

The Applegate Fairbairn daggers are made by Boker. they come from a 4.5 to a six inch blade. I picked the six inch blade.

They also come with different handle colors and materials ... wood handles are beautiful, but will double the cost.

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:

The Applegate Fairbairn daggers are made by Boker. they come from a 4.5 to a six inch blade. I picked the six inch blade.

They also come with different handle colors and materials ... wood handles are beautiful, but will double the cost.

Thank you! I will look them up!

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I always liked that knife.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just checked and mine is still hanging on my wall... so you can't have the same one Razz

Ha!

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been a big fan of this knife for a long time. I passed over the current Boker handles for the wood versions.

I even had one of the special run pattern welded versions that broker ran decades ago. I sold it.

On the left side you will see the normal A/F boker standing. Just below it, lies its Boot knife A/F boker sister.

To the right is why I dug up this photo. It is the cold steel Sgian Dubh made in the 90's. It's super thin and nicely made. I used to wear it on the straps of my old duty vest under my uniform.

This is it but with the shitty new sheath that makes it stupid thick.
https://www.worthpoint.com/wor...carbon-v-blade-sgian

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I have been a big fan of this knife for a long time. I passed over the current Boker handles for the wood versions.

I even had one of the special run pattern welded versions that broker ran decades ago. I sold it.

[
On the left side you will see the normal A/F boker standing. Just below it, lies its Boot knife A/F boker sister.

To the right is why I dug up this photo. It is the cold steel Sgian Dubh made in the 90's. It's super thin and nicely made. I used to wear it on the straps of my old duty vest under my uniform.

This is it but with the shitty new sheath that makes it stupid thick.
https://www.worthpoint.com/wor...carbon-v-blade-sgian

Very nice collection sir.

Who made the leather sheaths for your Kukri? I am trying ot find a top loaded sheath that can be hung horizontally from a belt or a sporran chain.

Is that a Jimbawa (spelling?) by the Boker?

Yes I am a bit of a knife nerd collecting since I was 12 so many of mine are lesser quality by brands like United.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Jimbawa

It and the larger kukri above it were gifts from a friend in Switzerland. He travels the world and picks up knives he sent them to me. It isn't especially valuable other than it being from him. He also gave me the bayonets you see in the same image. The upper right kukri is cold steels first-gen kukri from the 90's. The wooden dark kife on the right is from zimbabwe and is a shepard's knife hidden in zebrawood.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post