SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Civivi?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Civivi? Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted
I did a search for Civivi and nothing came up.

Anybody have one? They have a couple damascus and wood folders that look appealing. Always wanted a damascus blade just for the beauty of it. Wood scales would be a nice contrast to all my other EDC's.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I have a Lume that is my EDC, I haven’t had it for very long, however I like it.

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my daughter a civivi elementum a few years ago. She loves it. D2 steel holds a great edge and the assist opening is very quick.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I checked out a bunch of Civivis a couple weeks ago and was impressed. They are good to go. I mostly gravitate towards pocket knives in the $40-80 range where Kershaw is my favorite. The Civivis I handled compared favorably and as far as I could tell, every bit as good in quality.

The big dealbreaker for a lot of people is that Civivi is a Chinese company, and all their knives are made in China.

If you can get past that, the Elementum, Pintail, Chevalier are some models w/ Damascus blades & wood scales worth taking a close look at. The Chevalier reminds me of the discontinued Kershaw Skyline, which was one of my favorite models.

You might also like the Praxis Damascus Copper, which has rubbed copper scales that resemble wood.

All the Civivi flipper knives I checked did not have spring assist, which is characteristic of many Kershaws. Most Civivis rotate on ball-bearings and open smoothly enough that they do not require a wrist flicking motion to open.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post