SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    German Puma 270 1980
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German Puma 270 1980 Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I gave this to my father in 1980 for Christmas. I had a friend whose father owned a pawn shop and he showed up to school one day with a wholesale catalog for Gutmann Cutlery Company. He gave it to me and I set up a company and started selling knifes, martial art supplies and the like to kids at school. I’m not sure if my father ever really used it as he liked fixed blades. As such, it looks and functions like it is brand new.

Posts: 12451 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I recall Puma knives in the 70's and 80's. They were great looking knives, but out of my budget. I had a G-96, not nearly as nice, IMO.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36836 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have one just like it. Nice knife.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53119 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Indeed....Nice knife!

Posts: 6615 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan and have two. One I've had for about 20 years is a green-handled 'Packer' model. It shares belt time with a Buck 110 during hunting season and camping trips. The other is an older, black-handled 'Lieutenant' that was my Dad's that I've been pocket carrying since he died right at 2 years ago. You can tell by the blade shape that it has been used and sharpened a lot.

And the Packer from around 2000.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10477 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
I have a way old Puma folder. WELL used, well cared for and well loved.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I had a fishing model with red scales back in the late 80's that I loved. Left it at a service call and was never able to retrieve it.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the group of "I ain't got enough money to buy one of those." Always admired them in the magazines and catalogs, just not enough scratch to buy one.

Now my taste runs to something different and I keep buying whatever those may be.

These were very nice knives, though. I don't know if they were better than the Buck 110s most of us carried (later) as young policemen or not.

Bob

Posts: 1569 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post