SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kitchen File Knife-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen File Knife-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
soooo, this is what happens when i am left unsupervised in the shop. i have several long Nicholson files on hand. i wanted to make simple, general use kitchen knife out of a file and just make it simple, but with a very cool hamon. think i got it pretty close.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
not a kitchen knife, but another file knife that i just finished. the blade is similar to our B3 with a wrapped handle. i just liked the look and feel of this one.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking good dozer. Loving the knives you made me

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i am glad to hear it, my friend.

dozer

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
As a hambone aficionado, well done!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thank you, sir.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
How did you find some files that weren’t clad?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i have dozens of old Nicholson files that i found or were gifted to me over the years. i probably have more than i will ever need now. most new fiies aren't good for any kind of knife, so i am always on the hunt for older files.

dozer