SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Hinderer Battle Hound exclusive - I Won the Lottery!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hinderer Battle Hound exclusive - I Won the Lottery! Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Rick Hinderer had a lottery open to Ranch Hound members only (roughly 300 of us last time I looked) for his new limited production knife.
Finished in the BPU style (Battlefield Pick Up).
It’s an XM-18 Fatty to start with, has a Wharncliffe blade in S45VN and is serial numbered 1 in the collection of what’s been said to be limited to 25 knives.
Number 23 is pictured below (BH-23)

His exclusive knives are so difficult to catch when they drop I’d given up trying .
So it was nice to learn I’d won the lottery & could skip all that.

* photos will follow once it arrives.

**** Photo added*****

A Devil Dog got the first Battle Hound !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
Now that is a fantastic blade. Big congrats.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, I saw your post on the Hinderer page and it's nice to see someone from here won it.

Now if I could only snag a hound coin Smile

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats GB!

I will be looking forward to seeing some of your pro pics.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Sorry but so far these are the only pics I e taken of it.

Razz

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Your collection never fails to impress me. Congrats on the nice score.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice Grumpy, I’ve yet to actually have a Hinderer in hand but have really thought about giving them a try. I’ve carried an Emerson and a PM for so long, it’s time to broaden the horizons

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oaklane:
I’ve yet to actually have a Hinderer in hand but have really thought about giving them a try.

The XMs are a fantastic knife. So is the Eclipse & Halftrack line.
But catching a knife or accessory drop on the website can be infuriating.
Some folks have given up on the brand because they’re unable to keep production up with demand.
That forces many / most to pay extra on the secondary market.
I love them but it is annoying that I can drive to REC (Rivers Edge Cutlery) in Hilliard , Ohio and choose from a selection of Chris Reeves models but there are no Hinderers available in stores or on line which makes it tough but also makes me cherish my 5 and the few accessories I have.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

posted Hide Post
Grumpy, thank you for answering. Yes, I’ve tried buying sight unseen several times and have been frustrated. We are going to C-bus next weekend and a stop at Rivers Edge is already in the works. I may buy a Reeves while I’m there, I’ve been really looking hard at a Protech Strider and hope they have something in stock although their website shows out of stock. Regardless, I’m looking forward to going.
As a side note, Fin Feather Fur used to always have a Hinderer in stock years ago, at the time I don’t think he was fairly well known and at the time I thought the price was absolutely insane for a knife, granted I was younger at the time so anything beyond Buck 110 price was crazy to me. I would guess since the Ashland store was reasonably close to to him, that is why they carried them. If I had only known 25 years ago…

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oaklane:
Grumpy, thank you for answering. Yes, I’ve tried buying sight unseen several times and have been frustrated. We are going to C-bus next weekend and a stop at Rivers Edge is already in the works. I may buy a Reeves while I’m there, I’ve been really looking hard at a Protech Strider and hope they have something in stock although their website shows out of stock. Regardless, I’m looking forward to going.
As a side note, Fin Feather Fur used to always have a Hinderer in stock years ago, at the time I don’t think he was fairly well known and at the time I thought the price was absolutely insane for a knife, granted I was younger at the time so anything beyond Buck 110 price was crazy to me. I would guess since the Ashland store was reasonably close to to him, that is why they carried them. If I had only known 25 years ago…

Too bad you’re not around this weekend.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%