SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    File Bowie-Liontribe Designs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

File Bowie-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
just finished this unique file knife today. this is from a thick Nicholson file i had on hand. deep hollow grind blade with a nice copper hamon line. just a fun project to work on.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome! Is that a LaRue armadillo

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, brother. yeah, that is an armadillo. it was a gift from a good customer. i keep it on my whiskey bar.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dimensions? Going to put a handle on it?

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
it is 10.0" overall with a 5.0" blade. the file is 3/8" thick, that is why i left it without any handle scales. it is a pretty thick boy as it is.

dozer

Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
As the proud new owner of this work of art, as good of a photographer dozer is, it doesn't quite do justice to the copper hamon. It's a beautiful line and really sets off the blade.

I have always wanted one of his Nicholson file knives and this it.

Quality craftsmanship

Posts: 373 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks for the kind words. i hope it treats you well for many years to come.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
cranked out a second file Bowie. this one is slightly different, but i think i like it better.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here are some of the latest file goodies on the bench.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Where did you find files that’s not clad.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
the compound grind file is a big Nicholson and the giant bowie is a really old rasp that is a commission build. it is quite a handful, to be sure.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is that compound grind file with the blade finished and etched. now, for a nice handle.

dozer

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
here are some of the latest file goodies on the bench.

dozer

Sorry dozer, but I laughed out loud at that sticker. I have one on my belt grinder! Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
yeah, i have stickers all over the shop and equipment. that and whiskey tubes, they make great pin stock containers.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is a bowie that we just finished. it is wearing desert ironwood and it works well.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
how about a bowie from an old rasp? customer sent this huge ancient rasp to me for a bowie build.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is a one off bowie with a compound grind and a sculpted and chamfered black barbwire micarta handle. i really like how this one came out.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
cranked out a new file bowie from a cross cut Nicholson file. this one has a subtle etched hamon on the blade and a nice cocobolo handle.

dozer

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Great colors.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. you can't go wrong with cocobolo. this would make a nice match with a 1911 with similar grips.

dozer