SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Anyone else order a bull shark?

Hurricane permitting mine should be here Friday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6217 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

No, I'm looking more to sell some presently.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

No, I'm looking more to sell some presently.

Got it today

It’s very small bladed exposed is closer to 1.75” I’ll have to measure. Cali compliment so I’m sure it’s some crazy measurement
Spring is strong
Lockup is solid

It’ll be a good little work knife

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6217 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Took a photo of my pre-tac with one of my favorite guns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UTsig,

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Outstanding example UT!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I ordered a CQC7 flipper from the Emerson website. The weird thing is that I couldn't find it anywhere else. Not on Amazon, Blade HQ, Knife Center, New Graham, or Grand Prairie. Those are usually my go to sites. Blade HQ even had a notice stating that they would not, for the time being, sell any Emerson knives, and that they would have to be ordered from the Emerson website. What gives? I have seen rumors that Mr. Emerson might be moving out of California, or that this was somehow Covid related. I have a suspicious mind, and I hope that it is not anything worse than that.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
^^^ No it is basically to control production of what and how many of a certain style of knife they want to make.

Listen to the Fieldcraft Survival podcast with him on it. If you want to skip to the end around the 7 minute remaining mark he explains it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/...4795?i=1000533181030

Posts: 4979 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
Not a wave fan here.

Three stitches, nerve damage and the tip of VG-10 stuck in my bone agree with my above statement.

But I love me some Emersons.

Seems like I remember you posting something about that on ODT back in the day

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Took several family members to Blade show. At the Emerson lottery my cousin's son, a boy scout, had his name called. He asked for the George Washington custom knife. For those who may not know, a few years ago Ernie did a semi-custom knife, with scales made of an oak tree that was alive (as a very young oak) when George Washington was alive, and living on the estate. He made 12 of those, of which I have one. They came with COA and a map of his estate, showing the location where the tree stood.

This year's custom is a full custom, Ti bolsters, hand ground by Ernie himself. It's also now a part of family memories.

Picture of cuttndry
posted Hide Post
I have never owned an Emerson knife of any kind, but I am getting interested. What's your opinions regarding the Emerson/Kershaw collabs? I'm curious about that CQC-8K for the price, just to see if the chisel grind would be up my alley.

Posts: 15 | Location: OH | Registered: December 28, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the larger Sheepdog knife a few years ago, my first Emerson. I love it, the craftsmanship, ergonomics, and functionality are top shelf. You don’t buy an Emerson for their cosmetics, buy the model you want, you won’t be disappointed.

Posts: 7 | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cuttndry:
I have never owned an Emerson knife of any kind, but I am getting interested. What's your opinions regarding the Emerson/Kershaw collabs? I'm curious about that CQC-8K for the price, just to see if the chisel grind would be up my alley.

the 8k is fine to try. The full Emerson cqc8 is a phenomenal design. recommend his in shop knives over the collabs.

posted Hide Post
I just noticed the A100 and think I might need 1.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
I finally got an A100 last year and love it. It’s perfect as a daily carry, without screaming “TACTICAL” in your pocket.

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post