SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What would be a nice upgrade from a Leek in the $150-200 range?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would be a nice upgrade from a Leek in the $150-200 range? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Some flexibility in the price.

What would be similar in style to a Leek but a definite upgrade in materials and finishing? It can be a little bigger but probably under a 4” or so blade.

Posts: 17870 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Two Kershaw Blurs in S30V!

Posts: 1955 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.25” longer blade than the Leek, but take a look at the ZT0450 listed at $188 from “Kershaw Guy”.

Maybe a ZT Discontinued knife will strike your fancy? The two versions of the 0460 are deeply discounted.

Posts: 3462 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Spyderco Para 3 or Chapparel if you want to go smaller.

I’ve really tried to stay away from Chinese stuff but I did pick up a couple civivi’s and a WE Banter to see what all the fuss was about and while they are all decent knives the WE Banter is a really nice little package.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Look at GiantMouse's ACE line. These are very nice. Consider a Biblio in that size range, or the Iona.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
188 bucks USA Made Blades, go to the Zero Tolerance anodized/customized section, ZT 0450. Nice flipper, cool anodize finish on the titanium.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
I just got a Monterey Bay Knives Old Guard and I am loving it. They have a Mini Old Guard that has a 3” blade and runs $200.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:
I just got a Monterey Bay Knives Old Guard and I am loving it. They have a Mini Old Guard that has a 3” blade and runs $200.

Oooo I like that. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can go Auto, look at the Launch line from Kershaw. I love the Leek and have grown to like the Launch 1, a bit more bulk but they have a large selection now.

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All great suggestions; I would second the ZT. Big Grin

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Emerson.

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in agreement with Elbrettas: "Two Kershaw Blurs in S30V!"

LOL

Posts: 1916 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post