SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Visited REC (Rivers Edge Cutlery) today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Visited REC (Rivers Edge Cutlery) today Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
REC moved into new digs & myself and two others drove down to check the new place out.
Much better than their old location.
Walking inside immediately to the left is a sharpening area, KME kits & others are there in stock. To the right of the entrance is kitchen cutlery.
Lots of displays with makers / manufacturers sorted in their own cases or shelves.
They had a selection of scales & accessories for Hinderers as well as an area with packs & carry bags for sale.
Even a large & small case of knives on consignment.
If you’re in the Columbus (Hilliard) area look’m up.

I kind of find it strange that as controversial as guns can be for the masses there are so many gun shops even in smaller towns. Yet a dedicated knife shop not exclusively kitchen cutlery that has good selection of folding knives are few & far between.

https://riversedgecutlery.com/folding-knives/

The consignment case ⤵️

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
My wallet is glad we don’t live near there.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will have to check it out next time I am back in Columbus

I just googled where the new shop is, and I cannot believe how built up the Hilliard area is (especially Hilliard Rome Road).

Back in the day I built/remodeled quite a few of those office buildings on Lyman Drive.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
That's a serious inve$tment, in that building!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8315 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Right? Must sell a lot of expensive knives.

I'm going to have to look up the Spyderco with the sheepsfoot like blade.

Posts: 10791 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Looks absolutely incredible.

Did you add to your already amazing collection?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I’ve been twice in the past 7 days helping a friend on his hunt.

In talking with the folks there turns out REC has CNC machines in the back & are in talks to take on Chaves line currently being made by Reate.
Hoping to bring it to an all US made knife.
If it happens it’ll be nice for both parties involved !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I have purchased from them on line. They are fantastic to deal with, they actually answer the phone! Great service, fast shipping and they handle returns with integrity. Buy with confidence.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That would be a fun stop.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife was competing at a dog trial in Wilmington Ohio the last two days. I drove out with her and spent some of both days visiting some ranges in the area. I drove over to REC yesterday. Impressive shop indeed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
My wallet is glad we don’t live near there.

Mine too.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7627 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Schawing!!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post