SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Slim2None-Liontribe Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slim2None-Liontribe Designs Login/Join 
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted
so, i am building a stainless variant for one of our fine members here. he wanted a nice, stainless Slim Chance with a more svelte blade profile. it came out some well that i made a second larger one. just cause. i like this blade profile adjustment so much, i am going to call this one, Slim2None. i may even have to have one for myself in W2 or something with a nice, copper hamon on the blade. this should be a fun WIP thread. here they are just after the rough blade grind.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I really like these knives. I own several of your knives including a few of your file knives (actually I might own the first one you ever sold) and like all of your knives they are fantastic blades.

My Liontribe collection. The top three are file knives, the very top knife was one of the first you sold, if not the very first. Somewhere I have a certificate of authenticity from you. The second knife from the bottom was the first of your knives I bought. You named it “shard” and frankly I can’t think of a more perfect name.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
wow, you certainly do have quite the collection. makes me realize that i really should revisit some of those models again. i have always loved making those smaller fixed blade designs. they are just so much fun to make and to carry in a pocket. i was just gifted a pile of nice, old files by a friend of mine. i should make good use of them soon.

dozer

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!! I like that profile blade.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. i think it has a more aerodynamic look to it.

dozer

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nice work Buddy!!!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. i think this little variant may do well. we are already taking a ton of orders for them, in stainless and various high carbon steels. gonna be a busy spring around here. took some quick shots of two in W2 tool steel. you just know i had to clay the blades before heat treat. these should have some very nice hamon lines when done.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here are the W2 tool steel models all cleaned up and ready for handles. you can see the ghost hamon on the smaller one if you squint just right. the lighting in the shop is not great for pics.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the first W2 model all finished. you can see the ghost hamon in a couple of these shots. it was hard to capture in the pics.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here are two AEB-L stainless models, all cleaned up from the heat treat. the smaller one is already spoken for. these have been really fun to make.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this one was very fun to make. W2 tool steel with an antique patina etch and synthetic aged ivory handle. the scallop pattern in ivory looks so nice in person.

dozer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dozer,

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this is the last stainless model with our Crime Scene etch and it is going to get this burgundy barbwire micarta for the handle. excited to see how this one comes out. never used this particular micarta before.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Will be looking forward to seeing this one done!

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the smaller stainless model that i made for one of our wonderful forum members. it came out very nice with the black barbwire micarta handle.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the last one in stainless. turns out i used the linen burgundy instead of the barbwire. it came out nicely, though.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
we just finished this little drop point variant from a small file. i did a bit more shaping and sculpting on the handle. i think it suits this one.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
so i did a thing. this is a Slim2None Spiral expression. we do our Spiral theme on certain special builds. this one 80CrV2 steel with engraved spiral designs on the flats. light grey etched finish and a unique handle design that carries the spiral design, as well. handle is black barbwire micarta with machine bolts.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
just finished this rasp design that is very similar to the Slim2None model. think i might call it the Hypodermic. already stabbed myself with it doing the last finishing touches. the handle is sculpted and rounded. very comfy in hand.

dozer

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Very nice blades! That McCarthy's scotch is very good stuff!

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5366 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. we love doing these smaller EDC style fixed blades. this one is so cool because it was thick enough to fully shape and sculpt the handle like a normal handle. as for the single malt, you are correct. it really does punch above it's weight. American single malts are really coming into their own now. several brands could stand up along side many classic scotches. exciting time in craft whiskey.

dozer