SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    A Hults Bruk hatchet for Christmas!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Hults Bruk hatchet for Christmas! Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted

Haven’t had a chance to use it but it’s almost sharp enough to shave with.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Impressive! Did it arrive with the mirror edge?

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Yes, it arrived with the polished edge and sharp!

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Riley that looks like it can do some work ! Congrats !

Looking at their website now. Do you know what model you have ?

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I bought one of those some years back and it's been sitting in my truck toolbox ever since. Guess I should dig it out and put it to use.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
This one is the Almike. A 1 pound head and 16” handle.

https://www.rei.com/product/10...-bruk-almike-hatchet

posted Hide Post
Cool Smile

Thanks !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Very nice hatchet indeed. Is anyone aware of the significance of the word Bruk as in Hults Bruk or Gränsfors Bruk? I fully expected the English translation to be company or perhaps forge. A quick google translation for the word is use. Does anyone know in what context this word is used in the Swedish vernacular?

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
Congratulations! Very nice hatchet indeed. Is anyone aware of the significance of the word Bruk as in Hults Bruk or Gränsfors Bruk? I fully expected the English translation to be company or perhaps forge. A quick google translation for the word is use. Does anyone know in what context this word is used in the Swedish vernacular?

Bruck means Forge. Gränsfors Bruk = The Forge of Gränsfors .

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post