SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    My first “Expensive” knife... Piranha Rated-X Dagger OTF **ETA** Second knife on the way...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first “Expensive” knife... Piranha Rated-X Dagger OTF **ETA** Second knife on the way... Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
I have several spring assist folders and some fixed blades. My most expensive knife to date would be my SOG Seal Team I paid $90 for four years ago.

Been seeing lots of pics of Microtechs and have wanted a quality OTF blade for a while now. My cheapo $40 S&W single action OTF just isn’t making me tingle.

So after perusing BladeHQ.com, and not finding an in stock Microtech that I liked (either had the blade design I wanted in a color I didn’t or the color I wanted without the “right” blade), I decided on a Piranha Rated-X D/A Dagger. BladeHQ has it on sale and seems to get good reviews (though I didn’t find anything on SF about Piranha knives)

Anyone have any experience with Piranha OTF’s? I should have it next week, will see how it goes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, no comments on the Piranha? Starting to get worried.

Found a Microtech Ultratech in a suitable blade/color combination from a different dealer.

Life is good, can’t think of any other guns or camera gear I want. So get to scratch the quality knife itch now.

Will have it next week as well. Can’t wait, it’s like Christmas in April...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Piranha DNA, it is a very nice knife. Just an automatic, not a OTF. Perfectly polished and sharpened blade. I'm sure you will love it.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Don’t have any experience with the Piranha, but I dig the looks. I love my ultratech and I know you’ll be happy with that one.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post