SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kailash Khukuri Blade Project UPDATE: DONE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kailash Khukuri Blade Project UPDATE: DONE Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
After seeing pace40's post (here), I decided that my Father's Day present was going to be a new blade. I missed having one of these back in the day; it made a great machete. Those goddamn tree cactus in my yard are already trembling at the thought.

This is a modified version of their Sirupate blade. I had them change the handle from a traditional version to the same one their Scourge has, as well as a few other specific options.

Kailash is great about communication during the build process, so I've decided to share their updates.

Initial grind complete:

Their next update: oil quench process complete

I'll post more as they occur.

https://kailashblades.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flesheatingvirus,

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Oh my. That is going to be a FEROCIOUS cutter. Can’t wait to see it finished.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Been getting the updates on the knife I ordered from them. Very interesting to see.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Been getting the updates on the knife I ordered from them. Very interesting to see.

Now I’m curious. Feel free to post them in this thread, if you’d like. It’s right on topic.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
that is an impressive piece right there. i am actually making a kukri design right now, too. so, this is very interesting as i don't usually do this type of blade.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I’m really interested to see how it comes out! (yours)

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Here are the updates sent to me:

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Cool forging pic! Mine has an 18” blade.

Yours?

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I opted for the 11" blade. Cant wait for it to come in.

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Received an update that the knife is finished and being shipped.

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Sweet! They were having an issue with kydex getting imported, so that may be holding up mine.

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Any up-dates on the Nepal knifes?

I'm thinking of one to give as a Christmas gift.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I just emailed asking for an update.

I’ll post here when I get it.

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Just got notification that it shipped.

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
It arrived early today. I'd have to say I am very impressed. It is light, comfy, and the blade is VERY sharp. It has a nice ring to it when I flick it. Smile They added a small brass accent to the engraving, too. It isn't nearly has heavy as a typical khukuri, but that will help a lot for machete-type use. I have tomahawks for chopping.

There is no wobble when it is in the sheathe, which by itself is very solid. I'll be trying out the back carrying strap setup, but it looks like it can be reversed or removed. There is also an integrated belt loop.

Overall first impression: I am extremely pleased and would definitely buy from them again.

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I just tried it outside on some tree cactus. DAMN.

I tried out a spare Tek-Lok I had laying around and added it to my outdoor utility belt. Kailash uses standard spacing on their Kydex holsters, so attached it was easy. It's actually very comfortable with the wide pistol belt. Good for messing up hostile plants. Or zombies. Or Trespassers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flesheatingvirus,

posted Hide Post
Beautiful blade. Congratulations!
Glad you didn't have to chase DHL for a month like I did.

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
The wife is not a fan of the blade accents. "It looks like shit." Razz

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Now that's a blade. Very nice!

quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
The wife is not a fan of the blade accents. "It looks like shit." Razz

It's handmade.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking blade. How much was it if I may ask? That is beautiful.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post