SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kailash Khukuri Blade Project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kailash Khukuri Blade Project Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
After seeing pace40's post (here), I decided that my Father's Day present was going to be a new blade. I missed having one of these back in the day; it made a great machete. Those goddamn tree cactus in my yard are already trembling at the thought.

This is a modified version of their Sirupate blade. I had them change the handle from a traditional version to the same one their Scourge has, as well as a few other specific options.

Kailash is great about communication during the build process, so I've decided to share their updates.

Initial grind complete:

Their next update: oil quench process complete

I'll post more as they occur.

https://kailashblades.com/

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 16389 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Oh my. That is going to be a FEROCIOUS cutter. Can’t wait to see it finished.

Posts: 2390 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Been getting the updates on the knife I ordered from them. Very interesting to see.

Posts: 5501 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Been getting the updates on the knife I ordered from them. Very interesting to see.

Now I’m curious. Feel free to post them in this thread, if you’d like. It’s right on topic.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 16389 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
that is an impressive piece right there. i am actually making a kukri design right now, too. so, this is very interesting as i don't usually do this type of blade.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3405 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I’m really interested to see how it comes out! (yours)

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Here are the updates sent to me:

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Cool forging pic! Mine has an 18” blade.

Yours?

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I opted for the 11" blade. Cant wait for it to come in.